Wendy Is Still Sick

Robin is right. You wouldn't expect one aspirin, given one time, without other meds, to do that. At all.

Dogs can be endoscoped but there are vets who prefer surgery and circumstances where surgery just makes more sense. Deep breath and ask the vet.

Hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending lots of prayers. I assume they are giving her shots to help with the vomitting......and lots of stomach meds.

It would be a good idea to scope her now, before she gets any worse.

I agree 100% with Diane on this. I'm keeping you and Wendy in my prayers.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest IrskasMom

" Robin is right. You wouldn't expect one aspirin, given one time, without other meds, to do that. At all."

No No No. I don't belief that either !

Sending lots and lots of Prayers for Wendy :hope:hope:hope:hope

Praying for your girl. Please don't feel guilty-you were trying to help her. I always thought aspirin was safe too.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Don't beat yourself up-- has the vet considered that this might not even related to the aspirin?? How's her bloodwork???

Thankfully, her bloodwork is fine. This morning she is stable and alert and had vomited last at 2 a.m. Her protocol has been changed to Cerenia (an anti-emetic) and Carafate (used to treat ulcers). This sounds like a good plan to me. I briefly discussed endoscopy vs exploratory surgery. The vet's thinking is that if she continues to have bloody vomit on this new protocol, there's most likely a pretty big ulcer that needs surgical repair. Let's hope that the Cerenia and Carafate do the trick so that the surgery becomes unnecessary.

God, I miss Wendy. I keep thinking she's here, right next to me, like she always is. I miss her grumbling, sighing and frantically nesting at night. I miss her farts and her burping green tripe in my face. I miss her little, pointy head up my butt. I want her muddy paw prints all over the house. This BITES HARD! :angryfire My heart goes out to all you GT'ers that are going through crap like this - and worse - with your puppies. There oughta be a law....:(

Thank you all for your prayers...keep 'em comin'.

Edited by LaFlaca

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Keeping fingers crossed that these meds will do the trick for her!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Carafate is a wonderful medication-- I would have thought they were already giving that to her--I took it for my own ulcer-- worked for me and fingers crossed it will work for your girl. You made me laugh-- you miss her farts!!! I can totally understand!

Carafate is a wonderful medication-- I would have thought they were already giving that to her--I took it for my own ulcer-- worked for me and fingers crossed it will work for your girl. You made me laugh-- you miss her farts!!! I can totally understand!

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that! They were giving her some other stomach coating medication...can't for the life of me remember the name. Thanks for the encourgement!

:goodluck:wubsite

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Checking for news of your baby girl today.

Hello all - Your prayers and healing thoughts seem to be working. Wendy is still stable, and has not vomited since 2 a.m. Saturday morning. There is no more blood in her stool. She was offered food today but refused. That doesn't concern me too much after what she's been through. Tomorrow is D-day. The vet will decide if he'll do an exploratory surgery to see if there's an ulcer (or worse). I'm hoping that since she seems to be done vomiting and there's no blood in the stool, no surgery will be necessary. Please everyone keep praying. Keep the healing energy flowing for my girl and all the sick GT puppies.

With all my heart - THANK YOU!

Good news! Lets hope tomorrow she starts eating!

Fingers crossed! Judy, do they usually let you bring food from home? God only knows what they're trying to feed her. Maybe she wants her Wellness CORE.

You're the customer. If you want to bring food from home, just do it ... politely, and maybe something soft/bland (canned, perhaps).

Keeping your baby girl in my prayers and my fingers firmly crossed for a great report tomorrow.

We will be thinking of you and Wendy tomorrow, and sending out lots of prayers. I'm so sorry you are going through this.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown