I'm Shocked

In a good way :)

Corinna has been so good with the baby and all the changes around here lately, I'm really very proud of her. Tonight she did something that truly surprised and amazed me though. I brought Sophia upstairs and realized she was missing her sock, next thing I know Cori shows up in the nursery door way carrying the sock ever so gingerly in her mouth. She dropped it in the doorway (because she knows she isn't allowed in the room) and lay down. Both my DH and I couldn't believe she did it without any sort of training or anything. My husband showered her with affection for that one and Cori looked mighty pleased with herself.

I just had to share because I'm so proud of my little helper.

A photo of Cori giving her baby a kiss :-*

Sophia263-1.jpg

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

Guest SpicyMom

My hounds love to carry around my sons' socks as well. I guess they smell good and are comforting. They never chew them or destroy them (like other things). Just carry them around and sleep with them!

:wub:

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

That's awesome!!

A few years ago, I was living with my parents and we were watching our friends 1 and 4 year olds. I was also pet sitting 2 very sweet older labs that the kids fell in love with. We went out and when we came back, I was carrying the 1 year old and he dropped a toy at the top of the garage steps. I asked the 4 year old to pick up the toy so I wouldn't trip and he didn't seem to understand what I was asking, so I asked again. All of a sudden, one of the labs, who had been standing there picked up the toy very gently. The 4 year old got upset because he thought the dog was going to eat it, but I just knew he picked it up so I wouldn't trip carrying the child. They can be amazing.

Be still my heart!:wub:

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Corinna :wub: Although for a minute I did think uh oh!

That's an adorable picture.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Awesome! What a sweetie! And that picture is adorable!

How's Wally doing with all the changes?

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

That is just the sweetest thing...Sophia, you are in good hands...Carolyn, that must have made your heart melt :wub: How's Wally?

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

That is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard. :wub:

Ditto. Gotta love a greyhound! Reminds me of the story of the hound in olden days that killed the snake that was going to get his owners baby and ultimately became revered as a saint and special protector/helper of children. Kent Roberts did a picture about it which I have on my living room wall.

Awesome! What a sweetie! And that picture is adorable!

How's Wally doing with all the changes?

Wally is doing very good. He is more aloof with the baby then Corinna but that's fine too. He smells her every now and again but doesn't appear stressed or anything. We've tried really hard to keep their regular schedule of feedings, walks and attention so the adjustment will be easy on them. So far only one of my three cats is having a tough time with the babies arrival, but were hoping in time she settles down.

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna