Simone

Guest greydogluvr

Guest greydogluvr

I have not posted much since losing my precious Willie to osteo. His loss was my third to osteo and the pain was so deep that I had to seperate for a while. But when I suddenly lost my sweet Simone on Thursday, November 11, I knew this is one place that my pain would be understood.

She came to us after breaking her leg while racing and having a litter of pups. She was everthing anyone could hope for in a companion. Sweet, loving, devoted, silly, demanding, just all around precious. She had a great life with us for almost 4 years.

Her last few days were too much for such a sweet soul to have to endure. She had a massive seizure on Tuesday at which time she dislocated her right hip. She had to have surgery (manipulation) to return it to place. She was in so much pain, but still showed such dignity and strength. I stayed home with her for the next days. I began to become concerned because she was having difficulty getting up and didn't seem to bounce back like she should. As I was sitting with her on Thursday, her tounge suddenly became a rust color and she became very nauseaus. I felt her body become very hot(temp 106 and still rising) . I immediatly called the vet but before I could get down the hall to get my shoes she was gone. She was never alone. My mom was here sitting by her as I left to get my shoes. I wonder if she waited for me to leave. It is something I know she would do.

I love this girl with all of my heart. I wll miss her special tail wag (up and down), her stinky breath, the way she greeted me by rubbing her head all over my legs when I came home, her tap dancing feet when she was excited and her lovely, soulful eyes.

Her only symptoms which began the day before were a bit of lethargy and her tail didn't wag as it typically did. For these I had called my vet and scheduled to bring her in. I had an appointment scheduled for the next day (Tuesday), but the seizure happened so we rushed her in.

She left us to be met by her brother and sisters that left us before. I know she is not alone and is running pain free now. This is of some comfort to my aching heart.

:gh_run Run free, Sweet Simone. We love you!!!! :brokenheart

Edited by greydogluvr

I'm so sorry. That must've been such an awful experience :grouphugflowers_red.gif

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I am so very sorry. Nice to have you back, but I am sorry for the circumstances.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

She must have known. I am so sorry that Simone had to leave. No more words, just :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Lora,

I am so very sorry. I was signing on to check something, saw her name and my heart just sank.

I think about Willie so often and I am so sorry your baby girl had to follow him.

Please know you are in my thoughts and my prayers.

God speed baby girl, for you truly know the feeling of unselfish love

Edited by CaliforniaGreys

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

What a dreadful shock for you and your family. I'm so sorry she had to leave you.

Godspeed, precious.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry for your loss. Your tribute is beautiful.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

What a heartfelt tribute to your girl, I can see her rubbing her face on your legs and tapping her feet. :blush You have wonderful memories to look back on when you are ready. I am so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed sweet Simone (love your name, baby girl) :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.