Danny (Race Name: Dan Miller)

Guest greytfulhounds

Guest greytfulhounds

It was with great sadness that I helped my Danny to the Bridge on Thursday. :cry1

Danny came into my life 7 ½ years ago after his racing career was ended due to a leg injury.

Danny brought joy & happiness into my life every day! He never asked for anything, always waited his turn when it came to sharing with the rest of the crew & he would smile if you just said his name. He bounced with joy when I would come home from work & when I was making his meals. He was the BEST cuddler in the world!

Danny LOVED his sofa! If others were on the sofa already Danny would find even the smallest space where he might fit & with determination he would set out to fit into that space….most times he succeeded even if it did not look comfortable……we used to joke that when Danny looked in the mirror he saw a Chihuahua. LOL! Dan was also an expert at roaching!

Next to the sofa, Danny LOVED his toys & made it his mission to steal as many toys as he could & take them to the back room…….he would sneak into a room, look around, steal a toy & run like crazy down the hallway…..we would laugh watching this little game.

Danny was also instrumental in bringing some wonderful people into my life.

Sadly, a month ago, Danny was diagnosed with osteo in the same leg that ended his racing career. Danny continued to live his life with joy & silliness even when I know he had to be in great pain. He was courageous & he never complained. If there is anything positive to come out of this time it is the lesson Danny taught by example that no matter what life hands you, life can still be lived with joy.

Danny brought so much joy, laughter & love into my life. My heart is broken & I will miss him very much. I pray that my doodle bug is happy & running with joy at the Bridge.

IMGP1173.jpg

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How blessed you were to have shared your life with such a wonderful dog who shared his joy so effortlessly. He will leave a huge empty space in your home and heart, but his love will be with you always.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Danny.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest fandogs

Condolences to you and your family on the loss of your Danny.

Run pain free sweet boy.. sounds like he brought tons of joy into your life.. and helped teach you what loving a hound is all about.

I'm so sorry your handsome boy had to leave you.

Godspeed, precious Danny.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thank you for sharing your handsome Danny with us. I am so very sorry that he had to leave.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Another beautiful pup lost to this horrid disease. I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet Danny.

Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling

From glen to glen, and down the mountain side

The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying

'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.

But come ye back when summer's in the meadow

Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow

'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow

Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.

Run free Danny, run free... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest PhillyPups

I am so very sorry for your loss. :bighug

Run with the angels sweet Danny - you are with the very very best ~

It is so very hard when we take their pain from them and carry it forever in our hearts your Danny sounds a lot like my Stepper,a happy, easy going, perfect companion. :beatheart

"....no matter what life hands you, life can still be lived with joy...."

What a wise and loving soul- what beautiful warm eyes. My heart is breaking for you. My deepest sympathy. Danny has set an example for all of us and I for one will try and never forget him or his message.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red