Larry Update

Guest Adrianne

Adrianne, I am so sorry to see this. Larry has stolen so many of our hearts with that sweet face. He has been blessed to have you in his life for the last 8 months. You have given Larry a loving and secure home at a time that he needed it most. I truly wish he could have been with you longer but you have made such a difference in Larry's life in the short time you had.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you comfort.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greymama002

I will be thinking of you and precious Larry. That sweet face stole so many hearts and will always be remembered. You were so brave to take him in when he most needed you knowing that your time together might be short. I wish you could have had more time with your beloved boy, but in the months you had, he found such joy.

Prayers for a peaceful passing, and huge hugs to you.

Remember the day that Larry arrived? Buck drove him all that way and we all were on pins and needles patiently waiting, checking for updates. Best thing that ever happened to Larry was Wilbur showing him the way to you.

{{{Adrianne }}} :weep

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest LadyChester

Larry certainly does have the sweetest face! Thank you for loving him enough to give him his wings. Hugs to Larry and your whole family.

Edited by LadyChester

:o Oh, no! What an awful, nasty surprise. That just sucks.

Thank you for taking in a sad senior and making his last days joyful again. He was lucky to have found you (and vice versa). I'll be thinking of you.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Guest GentleHugs

:brokenheart:cry1:weep

There are no words to express how I feel right now and there are no words that I can say that will take the pain away that's in your heart Adrianne.

Please know that I will hold Larry and your family in my thoughts and prayers as he receives his golden angel wings tomorrow. Take comfort in knowing that Larry was not only loved by your family but by many of us here who loved him from afar. He will always be remembered and never forgotten.

God speed Larry. :candle

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Oh sweetie I am so very sorry :weep I read on FB that you were saying goodbye so I rushed over here to see if I could figure out what had happened :( I am devistated to read this news

Your sweet baby Larry is such a stunning, beautiful boy... His frosty face made my breath catch in my throat the first time I saw him :beatheart I am so sorry it has to end so soon. My thoughts will be with you and Larry tomorrow. I am here for you if you need to talk :cry1

I am so sorry to read this. As some one else mentioned that "frosty" face you just fell in love with him and I loved the name Larry. He is so fortunate to have you in his life and for you to have been with him even if it was a short time. I am so sorry that it was not longer. Thinking of all of you with prayers...................

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Guest Mom2Shiloh

My daughter told me and I ran here to see... I will light the candle here at 4 tomorrow and we'll keep vigil while he takes flight. I am crying so hard --- Larry is so loved by so many... and so are you! ((((((Adrianne)))))))

Guest Adrianne

Thank you everyone. I can't express my appreciation.

I just wanted to let you all know that Larry is having a comfortable night thus far. Metacam + Deramaxx = a fair amount of comfort for him. He'll get another dose at midnight. It seems to take about two hours to kick in for him--slower metabolism was suggested. Anyway, I don't want him to hurt for a minute.

He hasn't even attempted to get up since this morning. His front leg seems just too painful; he won't even bend it or move it as he's lying down. We did get him up for a business break this evening. We used a towel as a makeshift harness and lifted the weight off his front leg. He wouldn't move until we did that; he just leaned against the couch.

My hubby cooked a ton of chicken on the grill tonight, and I hand fed him all he wanted. Then I spoon-fed him an ice cream from DQ. He ate every bite.

We're sleeping in the living room with him tonight. I can't believe it's the last night my Larry will physically be here with me. Tomorrow night he'll either be running with Wilbur or meeting up with his first Daddy. It's an almost surreal feeling.

ETA: Ollie knows. She didn't once try to steal his chicken or his ice cream. She was very quiet and respectful and just watched while he ate.

Edited by Adrianne

I'm so sorry to read this and have tears streaming down my face.. I have no words other than you are in my thoughts and I'm sending you tons of hugs.

:grouphug

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

I'm so sorry that Larry has to leave. It's just so unfair. :(

Oh, that sweet face.

Sending prayers & strength to get you thru this.

Sweet Ollie, what a good sister you've been. Thank god Larry had your love & friendship.

Go with much love, sweet boy.

gallery_21421_3253_11008.jpg

Barb, Mom to Grey's Tickertape & Grey's McCarthy.
Always missing: Wizzie and Desi

Guest lovemyhounds

I am so sorry :weep Thank you for sharing Larry with us through your words and pictures. He is so lucky to have been able to join your family and he has been a blessing to you as well. Thinking of Larry, you, your family and Ollie. :bighug

I'm glad Larry is having a peaceful, loving and pain free night with those he loves. I'm just so sorry, I just lost my girl last week, I know how hard this is. In many ways this is even harder as it comes so quickly and was unexpected. Lots of love to Larry, Ollie, you and your family. Larry has really stolen many of our hearts, mine included. :brokenheart

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest IrskasMom

Adrianne , I am in shock.I am so sorry to read about Larry. Sometimes , I can't go on H&M or the other , you know other because I get so upset. Please,be assured my Thoughts and Prayers are with you and Larry. :grouphug:weep:grouphug

I'm am so sorry to read this about Larry. He truly has the sweetest "old man" face which radiates nothing but love. My thoughts and prayers will be with you today.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

Guest racergirl435

My heart is breaking. The vet has found a mass in Larry's front left leg. We are saying goodbye and releasing him tomorrow afternoon here at home.

:( It just sucks when you're thinking it's going to be something simple and then it turns into this. Adrianne I am so very sorry. I know only too well how it feels. If I could hug you personally, I would. He will be in a better place, good old boy.

Guest racergirl435

Thank you everyone. I can't express my appreciation.

I just wanted to let you all know that Larry is having a comfortable night thus far. Metacam + Deramaxx = a fair amount of comfort for him. He'll get another dose at midnight. It seems to take about two hours to kick in for him--slower metabolism was suggested. Anyway, I don't want him to hurt for a minute.

He hasn't even attempted to get up since this morning. His front leg seems just too painful; he won't even bend it or move it as he's lying down. We did get him up for a business break this evening. We used a towel as a makeshift harness and lifted the weight off his front leg. He wouldn't move until we did that; he just leaned against the couch.

My hubby cooked a ton of chicken on the grill tonight, and I hand fed him all he wanted. Then I spoon-fed him an ice cream from DQ. He ate every bite.

We're sleeping in the living room with him tonight. I can't believe it's the last night my Larry will physically be here with me. Tomorrow night he'll either be running with Wilbur or meeting up with his first Daddy. It's an almost surreal feeling.

ETA: Ollie knows. She didn't once try to steal his chicken or his ice cream. She was very quiet and respectful and just watched while he ate.

Adrianne,

Take peace in knowing that your last moments with him will have been so special. We always say that the hounds are lucky to have us when, in reality, it is us who are lucky to have them. Their time on earth is never long enough. I will be thinking of you today at 4:30.

Many hugs,

Jess

Guest PiagetsMom

Ollie knows. She didn't once try to steal his chicken or his ice cream. She was very quiet and respectful and just watched while he ate.

They always know..........again, thinking of your family and Larry today :grouphug