Gracy Had Surgery Today

Guest roselle

Guest roselle

Hi everyone, Gracy had her leg amputated today and woke up around 8:00. No lung masses and blood looks good. I'm terrified to bring her home even though it won't be for a few days. I'm so glad it,s over (the surgery) that is. Keep her in your prayers and yours are in mine. :rolleyes:

Rosellehttp://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=new_post&f=10#http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=new_post&f=10#

Sending lots of good thoughts to you and Gracy. The first week is definitely the hardest after amputation. With our girl Cosmo, though, after two weeks she was back to taking walks and feeling like herself again. Hopefully Gracy will recover quickly too.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest IrskasMom

You got it , lots of Prayers and good Thoughts for Gracy .I am sure your Vet has a Pain Managment Program for your Gracy and it's Important to stick with it. Good Luck and Hugs for you :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Sending lots of good wishes and prayers for a quick and safe healing. There are so many people on this board who can give you lots of suggestions and guide you through Gracy's recovery. Hugs to you and Gracy. Please keep us posted on how she is doing.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Sending lots of good wishes for a speedy recovery. Hugs to you both. Unfortunately, many people here have been through the same experience, so don't hesitate to reach out when needed for advice or support.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'll be keeping your Gracy in my thoughts and sending lots of white light and healing thoughts. I've never had experience with this thankfully, but I think I would be terrified too. Hang in there, there are a lot of people who have been down this road and will help you.

Sending prayers and healing thoughts your way. The first week home is an adjustment for both of you. There is a group of people going through the same thing here, you might want to chat with them for advice. link

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Keeping both you and Gracy in my prayers. Get some rest so you're ready for when she comes home.

As already said, you will have lots of help and guidance from people here

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest greyt_learner

Prayers for both of you. I hope she has a quick and uncomplicated recovery, and is back to feeling like herself as fast as possible.

Prayers going up from KY. Don't give it a second thought- she'll be fine when you bring her home. It won't be any problem at all. I was like you before I brought Ivy home as a tripod but Ivy taught me and would like me to pass on that it is no biggie!thumbs-up.gif

Edited by racindog

Be careful when she gets home. She may lure you into a false sense of security as she motors around. But she may forget that she has only 3 legs. My Diamond did that. I thought she was doing fine until she decided to jump from the deck to the cement patio (that's 6 steps!).

She had already told me she didn't need the sling.

But you will be happily surprised at how easily she adjusts to being a tripod.

Guest TeddysMom

All the prayers and healing thoughts I can muster are on their way for Gracy and you. :candle:hope I hope she beats the horrible disease and lives a good full life.

Many prayers!!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.