Good Thoughts For Ruger Please?

Ruger has had these 3 lumps on his belly since he came to me. One was hard and my vet and I were thinking it was just a sebaceous cyst, as I could express it and get cheesy matter out of it. The other two were soft, and I was figuring fatty lipomas. My vet suggested that when I brought him for a dental, he would remove them while they had him anesthetized.

Well, today was the day for the dental and I reminded Dr D about the masses as well. When he went to remove them, he said that aspiration showed fibrous tissue in the hard one and one of the soft ones. He is going to send off for a biopsy, and he made sure to remove good margins just to be safe.

If you could spare some good thoughts for my big guy, protector of the girls and me, that these lumps prove to be nothing but what they originally seemed to be, I would appreciate it.

My poor bud is loopy tonight on pain meds, but he's finally settled down on the sofa to sleep it off.

Thanks.

9/2 Update: Dr D called yesterday with the results: both lumps were B9! Whew, that was a looong 5 days. But thank you, GT, for the power of your prayers.

Ru says: Thank Roo, too. Now can I get this tee shirt off?

004-4.jpg

Edited by mangos_mom

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Sending prayers for your poor guy. You gotta be fine, Ruger, your Mom loves you so!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

:goodluck for a good lab report. Hope your boy feels better soon.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

goodluck.gif for good labs and B9 results for Ruger. Gee whiz ... hope you all got some much needed rest last night. Ruger's dental was a non-event, yes? grouphug.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Many prayers....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest greytloves

I'm POSITIVE it is B9.

There is no way that it could be anything else and now that they are gone, they should be a distant memory.

For Sure.

:hope

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Thank you everyone. With the power of GT behind us, those lumps don't have any choice but to be B9.

Baby boy is doing a little better today. I didn't think about both lumps being removed at the same time. They are almost in the same place on opposite sides - of all places, just outside the armpit. So it hurts whenever he moves. And since he can't climb up into his chair when I'm in the office, he cries from the living room. At least I can lift him up on my bed at night. Once he got there last night, he was quiet.

He's eating, and taking his medicine, and "the lights are on" again in his eyes, at least. I know he will be all right, but I'm a typical mom, feeling his pain right along with him and wanting so much to take it away....

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited