Student Princess *

Burpdog

My Princess is gone.

I remember picking her up from the farm. The guy was going to let her go from the kennel to the car by herself, and I put a lead on her. I opened the door, she jumped into the van and layed down flat. It was as though she had been waiting for me and was tired of doing so smile.gif

She never jumped into the van again. I had to lift her in. Well, I guess she is a Princess so my roll was quietly & quickly defined and expected.

She walked into the house, adjusted to going outside and loved the dog beds. She loved to be loved on. She was so quiet. If something upset her, you might hear, if you really listened a almost inaudible whine. She didn't go on and on, just a quick one. She was not one to complain.

This morning she was fine when I left. I had not been at work long when Rosemary called and said she went outside, came back in and was not breathing right. I rushed home, carried her to the van and rushed to the vet, knowing it was time. The vet thinks she may have thrown a clot in her lung. Fortunately she suffered only an hour and she went very quick, and was very peaceful.

I only wish I had more time with her. It's never enough, but 8 months is so short.....

Princesshat004.jpg

StudentPrincess0023.jpg

Princesscopy.jpg

ssgifts016.jpg

StudentPrincess009-1.jpg

StudentPrincess006-1.jpg

StudentPrincess011.jpg

StudentPrincess005-1.jpg

Edited by Burpdog

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diane, I am so sorry. :grouphug:candle Godspeed Princess I know there are lots of angels waiting for you.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

So sorry for your loss....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I'm so sorry Diane. :( 8 months is too short.

Run Free Princess.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest vahoundlover

cry1.gifgrouphug.gif Dianegrouphug.gif I'm sorry Princess didn't have longer to cement your role in serving her royal highness. She was was such a sweet beautiful girlie.wub.gif

Godspeed Baby Girlflowers_pink.gif

I'm so sorry, Diane.

I'm glad she got to spend those 8 months with you.

Godspeed, lovely precious girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh Diane, I am so sorry. No matter how long they stay, they never stay long enough.

G-d bless little Princess.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 It may only have been 8 months, but it was her best 8 months ever. I will miss the photos and stories.

Godspeed Princess.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest greymama002

Deepest sympathy on the loss of your Precious Princess. She will always be remembered; I wish you had gotten more time with her, but in her short stay she left so many joyful memories.

Diane,

I am so very Sorry! :grouphug :grouphug

:f_red:gh_run Run Free Princess :f_red

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I am so sorry that you did not get longer with your Princess Diane. No matter how long or how short it is never, ever enough time. I hope that the special memories you have of her will bring you comfort in the days ahead.

Many Hugs,

Carol Ann

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.