Osteo Diagnosis

Guest azlorenz

Flash :( Fell better mister, your momma' doesn't need this worrying.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest roselle

I hate this damned disease. Flash hasn't eaten since yesterday morning and then it was just a nibble. I could tell Wednesday he wasn't feeling good. I did manage to get down 2 jars of his favorite post amp food (or should I say the only thing I could force down him) --- Beechnut Beef and Beef Broth. His breathing seems more labored than usual, however, he did go on his walk this morning.

Bah Humbug.

Hope all you all are having a better day than we are :weep

Shannan I'm so sorry Flash is not doing well. I think feeding our hounds makes us feel so much better, like were doing something to help them feel better. When they won't eat it makes me feel helpless. I'm hoping flash is feeling better soon. By the way have you tried scrambled eggs, Gracy goes nuts for them, served warm. Sending warm hugs to you

Roselle and Gracy :grouphug

I was feeling pretty depressed myself yesterday so what did I do, delayed as long as I could, then showed up at may friend's mom's late and got drunk. Happy holidays! ;)

Today is sterile culture day. Wish us luck for a relatively low stress visit and a bacterial infection we can treat easily. :goodluck

Wish I could have been there to join in and raise a glass with you.

Flash is still not doing good. He is having some labored breathing. He can be pretty stubborn in the food dept. He looks at it like we've spiked it with something. However, last night we tried to get him to eat some steak but he acted like it hurt to chew it. I didn't have much trouble getting the baby food down so maybe he has a sore or irritation in his mouth or throat causing him discomfort.

Hope Neyla's Dr. visit provides answers and relief. :goodluck

Hay Shannon, getting drunk works. :offwall:eek

Guest vahoundlover

I'm sorry to hear Flash isn't doing well. Sending him lots of *eat, it's yummy* thoughts. :grouphug

Hoping today has gone well for Neyla :goodluck

Charlie, you are such a handsome fella! :wub:

Keeping all of you in my prayers,

Back from the vet visit. The urine draw was much less stressful than I expected, my vet never even needed to flip her on her back, she did it with Neyla standing. :thumbs-up Had I realized that, I think I would have just done it instead of trying the Clavamox and prolonging this whole ordeal. :( The good news is that the urine she drew looked concentrated, which is promising for no kidney damage and my vet agreed that all signs point to an infection. So :goodluck that the culture grows and we can get this treated!

Shannon, any luck getting Flash to eat today? About to have a glass of wine with my Thanksgiving leftovers if you want to join me. :)

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest roselle

I'm happy to hear that the vet visit went well. Thinking good thoughts that the culture will give answers to an easily solved problem. Hope you can relax this weekend. Too earlie for wine here in California but I'll join you two in about 3 hours.

Big huhs, Roselle and Gracy :bighug

Guest 4rooers

Keeping you all in my prayers. I've been having some problems with Oswald eating, I think he is missing Rippa. He goes out in the yard and it seems like he is trying to pick up her scent, goes to all her favorite spots, then turns and looks so sad. Rippa always had his back.

I hope Flash eats and Neyla gets the right meds for her UTI, and all of you have lots more time to love your pups.

Kim

Guest azlorenz

When my boy stopped eating for 2 days. Hot dogs sprinkled with parmesan cheese broke the ice.(Y'all can lower your eyebrows,now) And pizza never fails!!

:lol

Guest azlorenz

So :goodluck that the culture grows and we can get this treated!

Shannon, any luck getting Flash to eat today? About to have a glass of wine with my Thanksgiving leftovers if you want to join me. :)

:goodluck hoping the culture grows something good or nasty or whatever.

Flash is still on a hunger strike. Today he has had 6 jars of Beechnut Beef and Beef Broth via me and my big syringe. He doesn't spit it out which is a good sign. After his amp when I'd try and feed him I couldn't tell if I actually got more down him or on me. We've tried scrambled eggs this am with no luck, Thanksgiving left overs last night as well as steak, tonight is rotisserie chicken from the grocery. He's been on three walks around the block today as well. His breathing seems a bit better tonight but it is hard to tell.

I plan on joining you for that glass of wine tonight Jen. :cheers

:cheersI plan on joining you for that glass of wine tonight Jen. :cheers

:cheers

Glad Flash seems to be doing a bit better and is tolerating the syringe feeding. Tomorrow it's on to eating on your own Flash!

shannon - i cooked rivie chicken breasts and chopped them in the food processor - sometimes i got the idea from her that it hurt her to chew - she had just had a dental a month before her dx, so i don't think it was due to teeth problems - just an idea that might help flash???

jen - so glad the proceedure is over and some answers are on the way!

think i'll join you in a glass......

Guest kiki_13

I wanted to stop by, read the posts since I was last here and to offer support, hugs, love, thoughts, and prayers for all of you suffering along with your pups with disease. I wish you all the best of everything - the peace, love, patience and ability to spend quality time with your pup.

Bing has been gone nearly three months now - and it seems to get easier - and then something becomes a huge reminder and it isn't so easy. Blake has fit in nicely and I believe he gives Cami much comfort - she simply is not a dog who can exist happily without another brother or sister.

If I mention Bing's name - and I find myself even calling Bing's name to our new addition Blake (it couldn't be my age, it's gotta be the 'B' right?) and I see an expression of excitement on Cami's face as though she thought he came home. It is hard to except yet it is our reality.

I always sang Christmas carols to Bing and he LOVED it - it brings me comfort, granted with tears and smiles, to be starting to sing the same songs to Cami and Blake . . . esp 'Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer', just sing 'greyhound' in place of reindeer and your greyt will love it!

{{{{{{{hugs and prayers and thoughts}}}}}}}

Guest roselle

Flash gave up the fight tonight. His body was just worn out and he was to tired to fight any longer. Think of my angel tonight. My heart is broken.

Oh Shannon I am so sorry to hear this sad news. You just wrote that he was still taking his walks, not eating but out walking. This just seems so sudden, but I guess this is how it happens. I'm very sad for you and with you in spirit. Another heart breaker gone. It's so easy to forget that this is a relentless disease. Flash is with all the other hound-angels and out of pain I hope you can find comfort knowing that. Again I'm very sorry, sending hugs to you and your family.

Roselle and Gracy :gh_runner:angelwings:bighug:f_pink:weep

Shannon, there just aren't words that are adequate. My heart is breaking for you. I'm so so sorry.

:angryfire:weep I just want to scream at the top of my lungs, I hate this disease and I hate that it had to take Flash from you. And I hate that I can't do anything to help with your pain...

:weep:headwall:grouphug:cry1:bighug

Guest azlorenz

Shannon, there just aren't words that are adequate. My heart is breaking for you. I'm so so sorry.

:angryfire:weep I just want to scream at the top of my lungs, I hate this disease and I hate that it had to take Flash from you. And I hate that I can't do anything to help with your pain...

:weep:headwall:grouphug:cry1:bighug

Give Neyla a huge hug for me. It is so quiet here without the hippity-hop shuffle down the hall.

Shannon, my heart is broken for you. You fought a hard battle and in the end this stupid disease takes our pups anyways...you did give him a wonderful 4.5 months though. I truly believe if you had not taken the steps you took, he would have missed these memorable times. We will keep you in our thoughts and I know Flash man made it safely as he brighten the sky last night.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest racergirl435

Flash gave up the fight tonight. His body was just worn out and he was to tired to fight any longer. Think of my angel tonight. My heart is broken.

Oh no! Oh honey, I am SO sorry! My heart is breaking for you. :( Hugs to you.

Guest greytfulhounds

Oh, NO, Shannon! I just read this on COG & came here. I am so,so sorry! Tears are streaming down my face.....you & Flash were such an inspiration & support to me when I came here after Danny's diagnosis. I know my silly boy was there to greet Flash & show him all the fun stuff to do at the Bridge. Please know that you are in my heart, thoughts & prayers. You did so much for your boy & now he is your guardian angel, forever grateful for the love you showed him. :cry1:bighug

i wanted you all to know i got an email from carol (anubis' mom) today.....many of us had wondered about her in this thread (for those of you who are new to the thread, anubis was one of the original 5 dogs with osteo dx in early july). she has not returned to gt since august when anubis lost the fight - says she is still not in any condition to hear about pain & anguish others are having. ... she is still hurting. her prayers are with us all and she hopes we are all healing from our loss or doing well. please keep carol in your prayers as well - thanks - teri

Teri,

I know Carol was taking time off...it's understandable. The pain sometimes is a lot...I wish her peace and in time a return to the wonderful world of Greyhounds.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Thanks Teri. I'm glad to have an update although sorry to hear she is still struggling so much with the loss of Anubis. :( Please let her know that she is in my thoughts.

Kyle, is everything okay with Charlie? I saw in the palladia thread that he has some elevated kidney values, enough to be concerned about?

We were supposed to have an abdominal ultrasound done today, but my vet screwed up when the correct staff would be in so we can't do it now until Tuesday. I'm waiting for her to respond to a couple of questions I sent to her. I don't even know why we're doing it, except to know whether or not she has tumors that we then won't be able to treat. Assuming it can possibly give us some other information, but not sure whether any of that information will lead to treatment of any sort so am I about to throw another $400 down the drain? :dunno