Guest azlorenz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest racergirl435

Rippa went to the Bridge tonight, she started screaming and panting, and I couldn't let my best girl suffer. She's with Ozzie and all the other angel greys now.

Kim

Hugs to you Kim. Run free sweet Rippa.

Jess

Oh my god, Kim, this is so unexpected. I'm so sorry. :cry1

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest roselle

Rippa went to the Bridge tonight, she started screaming and panting, and I couldn't let my best girl suffer. She's with Ozzie and all the other angel greys now.

Kim

Kim I am so sorry for your loss. Rippa run free.

Roselle and Gracy :gh_runner:angelwings

Kim,

I am sorry. I am only just reading this now and am stunned by your post...run free Rippa, run free sweetie.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Hey Roselle, how is Gracy doing? You must be getting close to the end of your chemo treatments, right?

Kyle, can you PM me your mailing address? I keep forgetting to ask you so doing it right now so I don't forget again!

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest roselle

Hey Roselle, how is Gracy doing? You must be getting close to the end of your chemo treatments, right?

Kyle, can you PM me your mailing address? I keep forgetting to ask you so doing it right now so I don't forget again!

Jen, thanks for asking. Gracy is as we speak is having her #3 treatment out of 6. Following her first tx she had a very low platelet count so her tx is spaced every 4 weeks in stead of 3. Then she missed 1 when I was in the hospital. After today she will have 3 to go. She is tolerating the chemo really well, just a little tired after. She s doing great in general, happy, eating, going on her walks. It's like she is healthy. I forget she has cancer most of the time. I am anxious about what is going on in her lungs, her last x ray was the end of Aug and her lungs were clear then, she is 4 months post dx. All the docs gave her 4-6 months. She doesn't look like shes sick at this point. I watch for your posts to see how Neyla is doing with her new tx. I keep you in my thoughts every day. :gh_runner:grouphug

Roselle and Gracy

My bad, I only thought chemo was 4 treatments. I guess lung x-rays usually aren't done again until the chemo is finished, right? I'm glad to hear that she's doing so well. :goodluck that she has an uneventful treatment today.

Neyla's oncologist just called. There was blood in her urine (+++), which I don't remember her mentioning on Tuesday. They sent out a sample and results came back today - they were able to see blood cells in her urine, which is definitely indicative of a problem, probably infection or vaginitis. They want me to run a new free catch u/a tomorrow morning to see if it's positive for blood again and if it is, we do a sterile culture. :hope that there's no blood, but she's been licking and Zuri has been sniffing her hind end so I bet something is going on (independent of her pamidronate treatment though as the u/a was beforehand). Hate to put my girl through another vet visit for the sterile culture. :(

Guest roselle

My bad, I only thought chemo was 4 treatments. I guess lung x-rays usually aren't done again until the chemo is finished, right? I'm glad to hear that she's doing so well. :goodluck that she has an uneventful treatment today.

Neyla's oncologist just called. There was blood in her urine (+++), which I don't remember her mentioning on Tuesday. They sent out a sample and results came back today - they were able to see blood cells in her urine, which is definitely indicative of a problem, probably infection or vaginitis. They want me to run a new free catch u/a tomorrow morning to see if it's positive for blood again and if it is, we do a sterile culture. :hope that there's no blood, but she's been licking and Zuri has been sniffing her hind end so I bet something is going on (independent of her pamidronate treatment though as the u/a was beforehand). Hate to put my girl through another vet visit for the sterile culture. :(

Dose it ever end :headbang:yuck

I know. :( Really, in the grand scheme of things a urinary infection isn't that big of a deal, I just hate the thought of another stressful vet visit for her. The vet wants ot use ultrasound to gather the sterile urine, which I think is safer, but means an ordeal for Neyla. :(

Guest azlorenz

Kim

Kim I am so very sorry.

I know. :( Really, in the grand scheme of things a urinary infection isn't that big of a deal, I just hate the thought of another stressful vet visit for her. The vet wants ot use ultrasound to gather the sterile urine, which I think is safer, but means an ordeal for Neyla. :(

Any news yet? Poor Neyla girl.

Flash has had a patch of bad days lately. Tonight he is good though. He is on 75 mg Tramadol x 2, 1/2 75 mg Novox x 2, and 100 mg Gabapentin x 2 for now. He was his old self tonight which was a relief to see.

Hope everyone has a greyt weekend.

Edited by azlorenz

Guest ChasesMum

Kim, I am so very sorry - just peeking in today so I missed your post.

Neyla congrats on 6 mos! :) jen I think she will do fine, they seem to do better sometimes when mom isnt there, and put on a little show when she is. :P can they combine the sterile catch with the pamidronate treatment? Save you a trip and maybe save a little stress for her?

Flash, you feel better my man! Shannon, hopefully its just a rough day(s).

My friend is dealing with cancer (primary tumor was removed but pathology said it was a highly agressive type) and back pain in her dog, I offered her some ideas, and some drug names to ask her vet about - he basically told her that Casey is in constant pain from her vertebrae rubbing together and she should just be pts. :angryfire she is on Metacam only. If she could be added to the prayer list that would be awesome...

Karen, Neyla already had her pamidronate treatment, on Tuesday, that's why I was feeling so bad about putting her through another vet visit so soon. She does get very stressed, often she trembles in fear - she was a spook when I adopted her and the vet is one area where we've never been able to get her fully comfortable (that and fireworks/gunshots, otherwise, you'd never know she was a spook).

Anyway, we're in a sort of watch and wait phase - we redid her u/a yesterday. Still +++ blood and some other indications of something going on in her bladder, although no bacteria (vet said that's not unexpected even if she has an infection). She wanted to move forward with the sterile culture, but after some discussion I opted for just starting Clavamox, which we did last night. The vet said we should see improvement over the weekend if it is your standard infection. :goodluck I also reduced her Deramaxx back down last night so I'm waiting to see if that has an affect. :hope that the pamidronate has done something and we can keep to the lower dose. Anyway, overall we're doing well. Trying not to worry too much, ha!

Shannon, glad to hear that Flash is feeling back to himself with the increased meds. Your med schedule is very similar to ours, but we do a lot more Tram (100 mg 3x/day) and double the Gabapentin so you should still have room to increase if you need to. My vet has basically said with those 2 drugs you just watch for drowsiness. Hopefully you don't need to anytime soon though.

Thank you both for asking about Neyla. Karen, I will keep your friend in my thoughts. Hopefully she can find a more helpful vet. I wonder if a holistic vet who does chiro/acupuncture could help?

Guest racergirl435

Kim

Oh, Kim....I'm so sorry to hear this. :( Rest in peace Rippa.

Guest azlorenz

This day has just stunk. Flash is doing good but his sister Lexie is not. She is 12 and has arthritis so bad. I've been trying to get ahead of the pain today with no luck. It is damp and dreary here and she is so stiff and sore. It just isn't fair. Sorry. The thought of losing 2 of my babies before Christmas just kills me.

Sorry it's been a rough day Shannon. :( I'm assuming Lexi is already on a joint supplement, an anti-inflammatory, and fish oil? Have you looked into Boswellia? It's an herbal anti-inflammatory that can be used alongside the nsaid. The downside is that it might take some time to kick in, but studies have supported its use in dogs for arthritis. The dosage for a 60 lb dog is 500 mg 3x/day and giving it with fish oil enhances the ability to absorb it. Just a thought. I hope your girl gets some relief with some better weather tomorrow. :hope

How's everyone doing this morning? It's been kind of slow in here lately, but I guess this is the kind of place where no news is good news, eh?

I'm tired of living in cancer world, constantly feeling like we're on borrowed time. It's really starting to wear on me mentally/emotionally. Have decided to try to again make a concerted effort to not spend my days worrying. The tactic I tried months ago was to give myself an allotted time each day to worry - I think it will just be our 2 bathroom walks, that's double the time I allowed myself last time. :lol It did seem to help, but of course it's much easier to let go when things are going very well and you're not getting a visible reminder via your dog limping every day. Still, all of this worrying isn't doing either of us any good.

I wish I were more of a live in the moment type of person (supposedly studies show those people are happier, ha!) but I'm just not. Anyone else like me have some tricks up their sleeves?

This day has just stunk. Flash is doing good but his sister Lexie is not. She is 12 and has arthritis so bad. I've been trying to get ahead of the pain today with no luck. It is damp and dreary here and she is so stiff and sore. It just isn't fair. Sorry. The thought of losing 2 of my babies before Christmas just kills me.

Shannon, I am sorry Lexie is having issues as well. It is not fair to have two hounds ailing at the same time. I hope you can get Lexie comfortable as I know dealing with Flash day to day is a lot already. We'll keep both of them in our thoughts!

Jen, we are good here. I am home this week which is awesome and it allows me time with the big brat - Charlie! He's doing well, full of energy and loves to run with his sister who's going on 12! The only issues we have is the finding of some protein in his urine, still waiting on results so hopefully no news is good news. I got to admit that whatever happens, I have grown so much closer to him over the last few months. He's not a 'softy' like Jack who just wants to be loved on. Charlie is more the goofy, bratty boy who loves to run after ANYTHING that moves and loves his soccer ball. He is very funny and doesn't let three legs slow him down.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Kyle, glad you're having so much fun with Charlie! Makes me so happy to hear how well he is doing. I think we need some pictures. :)

Guest azlorenz

Sorry for my pity party yesterday. Lexie was so uncomfortable it broke my heart.

Anyway, after talking with the vet, I started her on Gabapentin with her Rimadyl last night. I had tried Tramadol with her Rimadyl in the am but it made her a nervous wreck which I think was what I was seeing yesterday afternoon and interpreting as pain. This morning she was up and about -- still not wanting to put much weight on the leg but nonetheless up and about, hungry and able to get herself in and out of the dog door. Whew.

Flash is still doing great. He is amazing and we still have wiggle room with the pain meds so we are good for a while.

The sun is once again shining and things are good at our house.

Jen, I agree, I'm tired of living in the cancer world too. When I used to lurk in Greytalk I never ventured anywhere but Cute and Funny or Everything Else Greyhound. I always avoided Health and Medical. Now it is about the only place I come anymore. HOWEVER, Grandy and her babies have had me checking for all the latest and greatest from Casa de Lambert lately.

Wishing everyone a quiet and peaceful evening.

Shannon

I'm still here. I wish everyone well. :grouphug

I agree with never being in Health & Medical before this. I only ever went to Cute & Funny, Off Topic, or Everything Else Greyhound.

I need to put away the 9th bowl. I fed 8 dogs 9 bowls of food. They ate it, but I felt really miserable after I did that.