Osteo Diagnosis

Guest azlorenz

Guest azlorenz

:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti for Neyla!

Just an update on Flash. After a rough go last week, he's made a 180 and doing great this week. I added Rimadyl to his pain management plan and it has truly worked wonders. He is back to his old self and loving life.

Edited by azlorenz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest roselle

Well it's here! 6 months post-dx! :yay

We had a great day yesterday. Neyla is a little more painful today as a result, but not so much so that she wasn't up for playing or getting in bed with me this morning. With the increased Deramaxx, our bad days are what our good days were last week so that's a small win. I hope that the pamidronate treatment on Tuesday will allow us to back off of the Deramaxx again with even greater pain relief, but I know the odds are not necessarily in our favor. Doesn't matter, today we focus on today and we celebrate. :)

Go for it Neyla :banana:confetti:yay

Just an update on Flash. After a rough go last week, he's made a 180 and doing great this week. I added Rimadyl to his pain management plan and it has truly worked wonders. He is back to his old self and loving life.

Shannon, I didn't know Flash had a hard week but am glad he is doing better! I am glad he is "loving life" as that is what they were meant to do.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest azlorenz

Shannon, I didn't know Flash had a hard week but am glad he is doing better! I am glad he is "loving life" as that is what they were meant to do.

Yes, last weekend he had gone on a hunger strike and didn't want to do anything but lay around. I truly thought it was the beginning of the end. He snapped out of it and is better than ever. I'll take it. :)

Kyle, how is Charlie's hair coverage? Poor Flash, his hair was pretty thin to begin with but his back leg is almost bald now and it is pretty thin over all.

Edited by azlorenz

Shannon, I didn't know either. :( Glad he's doing so much better! :yay Sounds like it might be time to order him another winter coat and pair of PJ's, a boy can never have too many. ;)

Thanks for all of the well wishes for us! These ups and downs are killing me. Not like we haven't been so lucky already, but I think we need something of a miracle on Tuesday. :hope

Speaking of, Kim, are you still checking in here? I saw that you guys are doing pamidronate on Monday. I didn't know you were considering it! If you're up for it, please check in on Monday night and let me know how it went. I will be keeping you in my thoughts all day for a smooth treatment and that it works! :goodluck

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest azlorenz

Shannon, I didn't know either. :( Glad he's doing so much better! :yay Sounds like it might be time to order him another winter coat and pair of PJ's, a boy can never have too many. ;)

I didn't mention anything because....oh I don't know why. I guess it was my way of being the old ostrich with its head in the sand again. Thank goodness we live in a warmer climate or I think he'd have to wear pjs 24/7. He snuggles in bed with us at night to keep warm and we cover him with his Circle of Grey blankie which he absolutely LOVES.

I'll be thinking of you and Neyla on Tuesday and praying for a miracle. They do happen you know.

Edited by azlorenz

Guest roselle

Thanks for all of the well wishes for us! These ups and downs are killing me. Not like we haven't been so lucky already, but I think we need something of a miracle on Tuesday. :hope

Speaking of, Kim, are you still checking in here? I saw that you guys are doing pamidronate on Monday. I didn't know you were considering it! If you're up for it, please check in on Monday night and let me know how it went. I will be keeping you in my thoughts all day for a smooth treatment and that it works! :goodluck

Neyla, you're in our prayers and thoughts. Good luke, with your upcoming treatment.

Hugs, Roselle and Gracy :paw:thumbs-up

Yes, last weekend he had gone on a hunger strike and didn't want to do anything but lay around. I truly thought it was the beginning of the end. He snapped out of it and is better than ever. I'll take it. :)

Kyle, how is Charlie's hair coverage? Poor Flash, his hair was pretty thin to begin with but his back leg is almost bald now and it is pretty thin over all.

Yes, Charlie's looking a little different these days. He never had a thick coat, he was one of those Greys who have the thin hair. Now, it's really gone grey/white, especially his face but overall his red fawn is fading. As for coverage, he's still trying to grow back from where they shaved him for the amp and where they put the patch. If those are the only side effects, so be it, it's not that bad. I hope Flash keeps up what he is doing this week.

Jen, we'll be crossing our fingers for Neyla's treatment, hope all goes well.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Guest 4rooers

We are having a rough weekend, dear friends lost their girl Piper to a fracture that turned oout to be osteo in right front shoulder. Rippa is still hanging tough, but I think the pain is getting worse. We started Hoxsey boneset on Thursday and I've upped the gabapentin. I am praying the IV tomorrow helps with the pain, if not I have to plan on letting my sweet Rippa move on. I used a communicator last week and she said Ozzie was close by to help Rippa on her journey to the Bridge. Rippa told her when she was no longer herself, it was time to go. I don't want to keep her here if she's hurting, I love her too much.

Hope you all are having good days with your pups. Hug them all for us.

KIm

Kim :bighug to you and :kiss2 for Rippa. My vet did tell me it can take some time - up to 3 weeks - to see the effects of IV pamidronate although I am pretty sure Sutra's mom, who is the only person I know personally who has used pamidronate, saw a positive effect much sooner. I am hoping with all my might that the IV works for your girl. :hope

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Kim, our hearts go out to you and Rippa. I hope tomorrow's treatment helps with the pain and you do not have to make any decisions yet. Please let us know how it goes and how Rippa fares after. Please give her a long distance hug from me.

Well I am FULL ON anxiety mode. I actually have butterflies in my stomach just sitting here at my desk and it's not tomorrow yet! On the advice of a friend, trying to remember to take deep breaths. It's going to be a long 2 days.

Kim, thinking of Rippa today. :hope that everything goes well for her.

Guest 4rooers

Rippa's home! She tolerated the treatment with no side effects so far. My vet said usually you can expects results if it works in 2 weeks, but she has read of people seeing positive changes in 5 days. They padded a crate in eggfoam to keep her comfy, no meds for sedation. Hope Neyla has an easy time tomorrow.

Kim

Kim, so glad to hear it went well! :yay I hope you see positive effects soon.

Couple of quick questions for you - how long did her treatment last? Our vet said Neyla's will be 4 total - 1 for fluids, 2 for the treatment, and then 1 more for more fluids. Was she in the crate the whole time, or did they take her out for potty breaks? And did they do anything to prevent her from bothering the catheter like a cone? I have a list of things to discuss with the ICU nurse along these lines, she is going to hate me!

Guest 4rooers

Kim, so glad to hear it went well! :yay I hope you see positive effects soon.

Couple of quick questions for you - how long did her treatment last? Our vet said Neyla's will be 4 total - 1 for fluids, 2 for the treatment, and then 1 more for more fluids. Was she in the crate the whole time, or did they take her out for potty breaks? And did they do anything to prevent her from bothering the catheter like a cone? I have a list of things to discuss with the ICU nurse along these lines, she is going to hate me!

Rippa went in at 8AM , they started the IV at 8:30, first with fluids then added the pamindromate. She is 54 lb. and they used a 30ml dose. The vet called me at 11:45 and they were finishing up. I think she stayed in the crate the whole time, my vet said everyone was checking on her. No cone, they just vet wrapped the catheter to her leg, vet said she slept for some of the time. She came out pulling the vet tech when I got there, I think the crate confinement may have helped her, she wasn't limping as much. I hope you have a good experience tomorrow. Rippa ate all her dinner and has been napping on and off all evening. Now it just needs to WORK!!!

Prayers going up for you both

Kim

Kim,

That is great news so far! I am glad the procedure went well and will hope that Rippa is in less pain in the coming days/weeks.

Jen, we'll keep Neyla and you in our thoughts tomorrow.

Thanks for the details Kim. :goodluck that Rippa is feeling better soon!

Guest azlorenz

Good girl Neyla...hoping things continue to go well.

Flash is having a not so good day. I didn't think he was himself this morning but by this evening when I came home I knew he was not OK. I had watched him on the camera off and on all day and he was in the same position all day --- upside down on the sofa. He was outside when I got home and when he came in he was half coughing, half crying and not steady on his remaining hind leg. I got him to lay down and settled him down. He definitely is not his bouncy self, however, he did eat after some coaxing. I got his meds down him so hopefully he is just having a delayed reaction to some longer walks over the last couple days.

To everyone else, I hope you all had a good day. Remember to enjoy each day.

Oh no Flash, no scaring of the momma' like that! I hope he's back to his usual happy self tomorrow! :goodluck

Neyla just had a little accident while she was asleep. Hoping that's normal after all of the fluids. I'm surprised she didn't wake up, but then again she has to be exhausted after today.

Kim, I hope Rippa's tummy is better tomorrow too. :goodluck

Edited by NeylasMom

Good girl Neyla...hoping things continue to go well.

Flash is having a not so good day. I didn't think he was himself this morning but by this evening when I came home I knew he was not OK. I had watched him on the camera off and on all day and he was in the same position all day --- upside down on the sofa. He was outside when I got home and when he came in he was half coughing, half crying and not steady on his remaining hind leg. I got him to lay down and settled him down. He definitely is not his bouncy self, however, he did eat after some coaxing. I got his meds down him so hopefully he is just having a delayed reaction to some longer walks over the last couple days.

To everyone else, I hope you all had a good day. Remember to enjoy each day.

Shannon, I am so hoping Flash just had a down day and that he'll be back to his 'normal' self tomorrow. We're thinking of Flash and you.

Kyle

Guest 4rooers

Rippa went to the Bridge tonight, she started screaming and panting, and I couldn't let my best girl suffer. She's with Ozzie and all the other angel greys now.

Kim

I'm sorry, Kim.

Godspeed, precious girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.