Keep Your Fingers Crossed (And Maybe Some Prayers)

When I adopted Jade 2 months ago, she has a spot on her chest the size of a tick. It wasn't a tick, but I was thinking a blood blister.

It hadn't changed up until last week when I had the vet look at it. He said to watch it since it hadn't changed for 2 months.

Well......it's now changed in just the past few days. Whereas it was flat before, it is now very obviously raised and there's a new darker center.

I'm worried. She's only 4. Cancers have a tendency to be very aggressive in younger dogs. We're going back tonight. I'm going to have my favorite vet look at her. If he doesn't like the looks of it, then we're going to an oncologist. (I don't think I'll go to OSU though. That was a very long drive. I'll have this removed locally and the report sent to Dr. Couto).

When it rains it pours. I just lost two to cancer this year. It was very expensive since one didn't have insurance. I have already set Jade up for a behavioralist appt for her thunderphobia (at $400 a pop!!). Not to mention, Pearl was my favorite and Jade is another white/black girl that I adopted to help me thru Pearls...and now Diamond's loss.

Mary Pat,

We will cross our fingers it's nothing serious. I hope everything goes well at the vets and tests come back negative.

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

sending many prayers! :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Hoping for the very best, MP.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest greymama002

With all you've been through, it's natural to be fearing the worst, but there's a good chance that this will be something fixable.

Prayers and hopes that Jade will be just fine, and hugs for you through the long waiting.

Praying it's just an ugly hemangioma. Peanut had a nasty bleeding one removed last fall and I was so relieved when the path report came back benign. She has another on her belly that will be removed soon. It grew bigger than a smartie, but now is it the size of a tick. The pathologist said she will be prone to getting them.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.