Lots Of Prayers Needed For Yoko (Friend's Grey)

Guest Energy11

Guest Energy11

SHORT UPDATE:

Yoko is out of surgery. She has some chest tubes, and a torn chest muscle. NO broken bones. Lynette is going to get her now, and says she will write a update post later.

Thanks sooo much for all your prayers. She isn't out of the woods totally, but this is a good start!

Good Day Everyone. I HATE, HATE, HATE having to write things like this!

Many of you might remember Lynette and Ron, friends, who lost Guy, aka, Fuzzy Man a while back? Well, they adopted a boy named Thunder, and have had him about four weeks. He has been fine, except for some food aggression toward one of their females (*she has three). He nipped her, so they took care of that by feeding in different rooms.

This morning, while they were getting ready for work, and they heard a HORRIBLE noise. They came into the room, and Thunder (the male), was in the process of attacking Yoko, the little female. The only thing that may have provoked him was they were both at the water dish.

Little Yoko is in emergency right now, with a collapsed chest, and several deep lacerations. Her prognosis is guarded, to say the least.

If you can spare some good thoughtsgrouphug.gifgetwell.gif and prayers for Yoko, and her Mommy Lynette and Daddy, Ron, they'd be deeply grateful, as would I. These people CANNOT take another loss at this time, ... especially one that happened like this. candle.gifhope.gif

Thank you! Dee

Edited by Energy11

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending LOTS of positive thoughts for Yoko and her parents!

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

OH NO! Prayers going up fast and furious from KY!!!!!!!

Sounds like Thunder may be like my Minny who has to be muzzled constantly because he will occassionally "go off" and attack other dogs & even me. I found out shortly after I brought him home initially to foster when he attacked Goldie and sent Goldie to the er vet for stitches. I think it is a type of epilepsy. I don't think he has control of himself or knows when it happens. He is actually one of the most noble dogs I've ever known. Very empathetic and loving.

Poor little Yoko! Get well soon girl. we're all pullin' for you!

Guest TeddysMom

Lots of prayers and good thoughts for Yoko coming from our household. I am so sorry this happened to them after loosing their first male. Please update us as soon as you know something.

Guest Energy11

OH NO! Prayers going up fast and furious from KY!!!!!!!

Sounds like Thunder may be like my Minny who has to be muzzled constantly because he will occassionally "go off" and attack other dogs & even me. I found out shortly after I brought him home initially to foster when he attacked Goldie and sent Goldie to the er vet for stitches. I think it is a type of epilepsy. I don't think he has control of himself or knows when it happens. He is actually one of the most noble dogs I've ever known. Very empathetic and loving.

Poor little Yoko! Get well soon girl. we're all pullin' for you!

Yes, I mentioned the muzzling to her, and yes, he has one on right now. They are also going to consider a behaviorist, once they get through this.

Lots of prayers and good thoughts for Yoko coming from our household. I am so sorry this happened to them after loosing their first male. Please update us as soon as you know something.

I surely will post an update as soon as I get one. I just talked to Lynette, and she has to call the vet back at noon (Central Time). Thanks for everyone's good thoughts and prayers!

Sending prayers and positive thoughts.

Debbie

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

Guest KennelMom
He nipped her, so they took care of that by feeding in different rooms.

And therein lies the problem. They didn't actually "take care" of anything...they put a band-aid on the problem and it, unfortunately, manifested in another area. Muzzles are also a band-aid, but definitely a pre-caution they should take moving forward.

Good luck to them and I hope their girl comes out of this ok....

Guest Energy11

And therein lies the problem. They didn't actually "take care" of anything...they put a band-aid on the problem and it, unfortunately, manifested in another area. Muzzles are also a band-aid, but definitely a pre-caution they should take moving forward.

Other than muzzling, what would you suggest? The vet already suggested a behaviorist. And, yes, ... they are focusing on their girl getting through this right now.

sending many, many, many prayers for this poor little girl!!! :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

I wouldn't expect anyone to rush off with their dog to a behaviorist after one small incident like that? Our Rainey has some food agression and we just do the same thing, feed them separately :unsure:dunno

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest Energy11

sending many, many, many prayers for this poor little girl!!! hope.gifhope.gifhope.gifhope.gifhope.gif

I wouldn't expect anyone to rush off with their dog to a behaviorist after one small incident like that? Our Rainey has some food agression and we just do the same thing, feed them separately unsure.gifdunno.gif

Yes, she is feeding them separately, but this was over the water bowl. I am sure they will work things out.

Other than muzzling, what would you suggest? The vet already suggested a behaviorist. And, yes, ... they are focusing on their girl getting through this right now.

Still thinking of Yoko!

We have the same problem and would like to know what you mean too? :dunno (Tosca is food aggressive and gets fed in the hall with a baby gate in front.)

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Oh, how terrible! I'm so sorry they are having to go through even more sadness and stress, and I'll keep poor little Yoko in my prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown