Lots Of Prayers Needed For Yoko (Friend's Grey)

Guest Energy11

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Energy11

Lynette called yesterday. Yoko is VERY sore, but seems to be doing better! She isn't too interested in food, so her mommy is making her homemade treats, and giving her jar baby meats :-)

We will keep you posted on Yoko. I believe she gets her drains out this week too!

Thanks for asking about her.

Guest Energy11

UPDATE FROM LYNETTE:

I want to thank everyone for there support. I think yoko is doing better than I am right now. We have been giving Yoko warm compresses, antibiotics and Metacam for pain. I took Yoko to the vet Monday night to take the four drains out and she seems to be healing well. Her stitches stay in for another ten more days. Yoko is a little tuxedo girl and the vet shaved her beautiful shiny coat!. My husband and I miss Thunder very much. Thunder is such a sweetheart and has great house manners. We had no aggressive issues with Thunder before he attack Yoko. They love to play together outside muzzled. Just a small tiff with my other greyhound that I corrected and he was fine. My husband and I have different work schedules so there is someone home most of the time. There was no warning, Yoko was drinking water and Thunder came up from behind her. Yoko was attacked in the living room. It took me about 45 seconds to break it up. I have been working with the group to see what can be done for Thunder. They are waiting for him to settle back in the foster home before they take him to the vet. I really do not think we will know what set him off. Thunder is very good care with his foster mom. I left her some homemade treats for Thunder. Yoko's personalty does not seem to be effected from the attack at this time. I am going to hold off with any group walks with my friends at least two to three weeks to give her time to heal. Yoko was trying to roach but was just to sore. Yoko still has a way to go to recover from her injuries but she is feeling better. Thank you! Lynette & furkids

I am just sorry it had to turn out this way, but I know Lynette, and she is very careful with her dogs, and I'd trust her with any of mine.

Guest Greytluv

Poor Yoko :kiss2

I'm glad she's healing. One of my fosters attacked my girl. She was torn apart, so I know what you're going through. Here's a pic of my girl resting after her ordeal.

NewMexico060-1.jpg

Edited by Greytluv

Good to hear this little girl is healing well. And the above photo just proves that this can happen to even the most experienced.

Hoping Thunder finds a great home

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest TeddysMom

I have been wondering how Yoko and family are doing, any updates? Sending prayers and good thoughts still.

Edited by TeddysMom

Guest Energy11

Thanks for asking! I just got off the phone to Yoko's Mommy, and she is healing nicely! Drains were taken out Monday, and she is actually able to roach! The family, too, is healing. They will be at Mt. Hounds! :colgate