Doomsday Aka Maggie

RobinM

Shana, good friend of mine here on Long Island recently adopted a very sweet girl she named Maggie. I had the pleasure of meeing this beautiful black beauty at a walkie 2 weeks ago. Maggie was a very happy girl.

Shana had recently lost another hound and she thought that Maggie would help her, her family and her 2 other greyhounds cope better. She was so right. Maggie was just what the doctor ordered. Unfortunately, tragedy stuck.

God Speed Sweet Maggie- you were very loved.

Please say a prayer for Shana and her family.

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1470783

Cross posted from GAA pro board.

I don't know how I am being given the strength to write this to all of you. I wanted to call the kennel, to call Robin, to call Nancy, and to all those who have shared my joy and pain in rescuing all these wonderful hounds. I always knew better but I guess I saw this hound as an active one and wanted to give her all the joy in the world while she was with us--and it wasn't even two months.

My brother came with his mutt and family yesterday. All the dogs got along greyt. We decided to get them out and go to the "dog park". I know many of you are cringing already because I know how some of you feel about bringing the pups there. Before Maggie came around, we never did it but she was such an active girl. Well yesterday, there were not even a dozen dogs there. All the pups were having a greyt time. Maggie, in particular, was in all her glory. We had brought her there a few times since we've had her and she had a ball.

We were getting ready to leave and I see Maggie take a fall. My daughter and I ran to her. I didn't see anything happen to her and no one was around her. I thought she might have broken her leg. When we got to her she was down and breathing heavily. After about a minute, she stopped breathing...One of the people came running and he started doing CPR. She seemed to start to breath a bit and threw something up. While this was going on, I ran to the riding stables next door for help and no one was helping......

By the time I got back, my husband was carrying her out. She died very quickly. Why, why, why.... Why did I ever bring her there. She didn't know her limits and just ran, ran, ran. My other two girls would run and then stop and do their own thing. Why is all I ask. I feel responsible for this loss and I'm completely sick over it.

My husband brought her to the vet and he said she either had a heart attack or a blood clot that exploded.

Maggie was such a wonderful girl and adjusted very quickly. She ran the house and bossed everyone around. She was very playful and always wanting to run and play. She was into everything and everyone. She would steal items from everyone and hide them-and never destroy them.

I have no more words as the grief is too great.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

My heart is breaking for you. So sad. Godspeed, sweet Maggie.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry for your friends' loss.

Godspeed, sweet girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh how very sad. sad.gif My condolences to her family. Godspeed Maggie! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

How tragic. My sincere condolences to all who knew and loved her.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I am so sorry for Shana. grouphug.gif I hope she soon realizes that it was not her fault and she needs to stop being down on herself. Maggie, perhaps somehow you can teach her like Slim taught me from the other side. That we have absolutely no control over when someone crosses over. That you were born to run and were grateful for the trips to the park to do what you loved. My deepest sympathy.flowers_red.gifrungrey.gifflowers_red.gif

That is a very tragic event. I am sorry for your friend in losing her sweet girl. She has to not blame herself, there was no way to know this was going to happen.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.