Frightning At The Vet

Guest larock

Guest larock

she was fine when we came home but then started trembling in her bed. When she tried to get up she screamed that awful GSOD. The vet thinks it's possibly a UTI or some thing with the kidneys, kidney stones? She is in so much pain, so hard to see her like that, they had to give her morphone...I'm so worried. She's such a perfect, sweet dog but gets so terribley afraid at the vet. We go back in an hour to get her, they are running some tests and taking x-rays. Please pray for my girl...

UPDATE March 12, 9:15am: The Prednisone seems to be helping and I think we've come to the the conclusion that its not a UTI. She hasn't had a full bowel movement since wed at noon, the dog walker said she yelped while pooing then. Since then she's tried to poo three times, yelped and abandoned the attempts, and then two more times she yelped a wee nugget came out. Her poo seems kind of hard so I've got a call into the vet to see if a stool softener will help. I'm worried about her, it's got to come out sooner or later, right?

Edited by larock

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayers on their way for a good outcome. Mine would sometimes give that GSOD with her shoulder injury if she got up wrong. Their fear makes it worse, just the same as if we humans had a kidney stone passing or a slipped disc. I hope all's well soon.

Guest Energy11

Very well could be bladder or kidney stones, from what you are describing!

Hoping everything turns out okay, and sending lots of love and prayers your way! Dee and The Five

Oh, Lynn, I'm so sorry! :ohno:cry1 I'm keeping you & Brightning in my thoughts! Sending lots of hugs and keeping my fingers crossed for a good outcome. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest larock

we're back from the vets, we have her home but have to wait for the blood tests results till tomorrow. They gave her morphine and sent me home with Calvamox and Tramadol (sp?). She is still crying, it's heartbreaking and I feel so helpless... the vet just called, the blood tube broke and they have to come over and get another sample to send out. We still don't know really what is causing her pain. I'm very worried for her

Sending lots of hugs and prayers both.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest eaglflyt

Bless your hearts. I understand what it's like to have a screaming hound that's in pain. Hang in there, they will figure it out. Our girl did this and it was a bizarre reaction to a vaccine and it took days for her to get pain free. I'm continuing to pray for your girl that the cause is found quickly and that she gets relief to make it manageable until it is resolved. I'm sure they gave you instructions on how to care for her until they get more test results in. I'm hoping she'll be able to stay still, quiet and get some rest.

Oh, no! And the blood tube broke? It's terrible not knowing what you are dealing with, and wanting so much to make her feel better.

She is in our prayers. Please let us know how she's doing---hopefully, that will be soon.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest so_greytful

So sorry to read of your worrisome evening and am thinking positive thoughts and sending positive energy your way. I am comforted to hear that she is now home with you to convalesce, especially given your precious girl's fear of the vet's office.

Guest EmilyandSioux

They will cry and pant with the morphine. It affects the heat center of brain just like in humans. She should calm down and sleep for awhile now that she is home with mom. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.