Sweet Benny

Guest yat4

Sweet Benny-Benny-Beeners is gone. We were just trying to wrap our minds around the fact that he had osteo and we were going to lose him, but we still thought that we had more time. Isn't that what we always think, that we always have more time?

We got Benny from the animal shelter. They wouldn't release him to the rescue group, so we went to "adopt" him for the group. He was skinny with patchy hair, with a non-stop shivering cower. He was a pitiful sight! We brought him home, and as soon as we walked in the door, he saw our other greyhounds and his face lit up and his tail starting twirling 100 mph. He was so happy, that he let us know that he was HOME. He was never sad from that day forward. He always had a smile on his face and his tail twirling. He was a master of "roaching", and took up the couch most of the time. He never met a ball that he didn't like- we had to make him come inside before he dropped from exhaustion from playing with his ball. We took him lure coursing regularly, and he would be screaming with excitement as soon as we pulled up the field and he heard the lure running. What fun we had! He was a goofy, sweet, loving boy who stole our hearts. He was absolutely the perfect dog and he has left a huge hole in our hearts.

Good-bye my sweet Benny. I hope that heaven is full of balls and bunnies to chase, and that God has a big, soft couch for you. We love you so much, and will miss you until we meet again.

post-20600-12679804368817.jpg

Guest PhillyPups

I am so sorry for your loss os handsome sweet Benny. You gave him the happiest times of his life. :bighug

Run and roach with the angels Sweet Benny, you are with some of the very very best ~

What a lovely tribute for your special boy. My heartfelt sympathies for your loss. May your memories bring you comfort.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so very sorry for your loss. It sounds like he was the perfect dog. Thank god you found him because it looks like it was a match made in heaven. Godspeed Benny.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

So very sorry for your loss too soon. I hope you find comfort in knowing Benny knew he was so loved and was happy in your home. He was so very lucky you found him.

I am so sorry he had to leave.

God speed to you handsome boy, knowing how very much you are loved and will be greatly missed.

Please continue to watch over those who love you

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

It's clear that the luckiest day of Benny's life was when you rescued him from that shelter. You gave him so much love and happiness, and he returned that tenfold.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious boy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am sorry for your loss of Benny.

Run free sweetie, run free... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am so sorry for your loss but I can't help but think thank doG you found him and gave him a true forever home - where he could be the hound he was meant to be. Bless you

Godspeed Benny

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

What a wonderful tribute to an obviously loved dog. God Speed Benny.

I am so sorry. :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Benny.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)