Butkus

giadog

Our awesome, inspirational, monkey-buddy Butkus left us yesterday.

He had been showing some neurological symptoms for the past few weeks, but we were hoping it was nothing more than seizure-induced edema. Unfortunately, an MRI on Monday showed that the tumor had returned, and aggressively. He went downhill quickly over the past few days, and yesterday he let us know that he was done fighting, and it was ok if we were, too. He left us peacefully, falling asleep in our arms until everything was quiet.

Butkus was the most amazing dog I've ever known. The outpouring of sympathy, sadness, and goofy stories about our BuddyButkus has been overwhelming; he touched everyone who met him. I'm so proud to have given him a happy life for as long as we were able, and I'm equally as proud to have given him his freedom from the pain, sadness, and confusion that he was trapped in.

When we went into the vet's office, the day was gray and sad. When we left, the sky was blue, the sun was warm, and everything felt alive. We know Butkus is at peace now.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. :flowers_yellow.gif

Godspeed Butkus ghrun.gif

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Oh no, I'm so very sorry, I was so hoping he was going to make it. Godspeed Butkus.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Butkus.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry for your loss. I remember Butkus' story & am so glad you got more time with him. He sounds like he was a very special boy. Godspeed Butkus! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Oh no! I'm so sorry he couldn't stay with you longer. But then, I guess it's never long enough, is it? :( I'm very sorry for your loss :cry1:grouphug

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I'm so sorry for your loss. Godspeed, Butkus.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson