Sweet Sally Has Crossed The Bridge

Guest LoveSeniorGreys

Guest LoveSeniorGreys

Yesterday we gave Sally the very best gift, we let her go.

Sally wasn't just any greyhound...she was so much more than that. She was and always will be my Heart Dog. Sally was not my first choice, but rather a "tag along", because the greyhound I was in the process of adopting wasn't a good candidate for an "only" hound. The adoption group told me about another female who needed a home. A nine year old, white and brindle cow dog with no racing history. We said "sure, no problem, we'll take her too." During our 5 1/2 years together Sally became the supreme ruler of all greys who entered our home. She learned how to play, have fun, and enjoy life one day at a time in a big way. Sally was the "Oldest Greyhound" last year at two different annual greyhound reunions. She set the standard of grace and elegance for others to follow. She also was the 3rd oldest female last year on Greytalk's Suzy Awards. Sally was battling several medical issues and her tired little body was failing her. Run free and healthy at the Rainbow Bridge sweet Sally. We know that you are now playing with Bashful and Cohen. Sally taught us how to live each day like it's our last. Her precious memories will live on in our hearts. Gentle ear scritchies and hugs sweetheart, we love you!

DSCF2034.jpg

Edited by LoveSeniorGreys

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's strange how fate often brings the most precious gifts into our lives. Sally was meant to be with you, and knew how very much she was loved.

I'm so sorry you lost your sweet little old lady.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest TheUnrulyHound

She is just beautiful, those sweet senior faces always make my breath catch in my throat and hers is no exception :beatheart

Run free Sweet Gorgeous Girl :candle

I am so sorry for your loss. Sally must have been a happy, joyful soul who brought love and sunshine into your life. Your tribute to this very special girl was lovely. May all the wonderful memories you have of your beautiful Sally bring you comfort and in time smiles.

flowers_pink.gifflowers_pink.gifflowers_pink.gif

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Sally.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry Diane. Rest well, Sweet Sally.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

There must be "something" about heart dogs choosing us. She chose you. queenwinniesmom (above post#2) put it eloquently.

It was a very lovely tribute you wrote and you can see the specialness radiating from her in the outstanding picture.

My deepest sympathy.

Love never dies. It is stronger than death. She will be with you always.

flowers_red.gifghrunner.gifflowers_pink.gif

Sounds like an amazing girl. I am so sorry for your loss.

Run Free Sweet girl.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Sally.

What a wonderful, happy, long life she had.

:grouphug:f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I'm so sorry, Diane!!! :( :( :( :(

:f_pink

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway