Indy Has Nasal Cancer

I have decided to say goodbye to my beautiful brindle boy "a day too soon, rather than a day too late." No chemo, no radiation. Indy wouldn't want any of that. I want him to leave with his dignity intact.

And although this is breaking my heart, I guess it's his time to go.

The love it takes to make this unselfish decision is immeasurable. I'm so sorry, my heart goes out to youcry1.gif. I will be keeping you and Indy in my thoughts tomorrow. May his passing be peaceful.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be thinking of Indy and you tomorrow. May his passing be peaceful.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I am so very sorry for this heartbreaking news.

My prayers are with you and your beloved Indy.

:grouphug:hope

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

{{{{{{{{{{Indy and family}}}}}}}}}}

Have a good lunch at BK, special boy. Will be thinking of you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh, I'm so sorry. It's clear that you love your precious boy so much. And he knows that too.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

My heart is breaking reading this. We lost our beloved Boxer Daisy to nasal cancer a few years ago. She did well with it for quite a while, but it just was too much for her eventually. Our empty house was too quiet and it lead to us getting my greyhound Argos within weeks. He was to be my dog, but he helped with the healing of the whole house and our broken hearts.

My heart is breaking reading this. We lost our beloved Boxer Daisy to nasal cancer a few years ago. She did well with it for quite a while, but it just was too much for her eventually. Our empty house was too quiet and it lead to us getting my greyhound Argos within weeks. He was to be my dog, but he helped with the healing of the whole house and our broken hearts.

Thank again to everyone for their support and kind words. My heart hurts so much and the tears just keep flowing.

Scott - I am so sorry about Daisy. It's awful, isn't it? But your Argos looks very much like my Indy - a red brindle with lots of stripes and big, round dark eyes (Indy is 12 so his once dark face is now a soft gray). I still haven't learned how to post a photo - perhaps I'll give it a try.

Must be brave today. Indy is my first dog, first greyhound, and heart dog, which makes this all the more difficult. Hugs to all of you who have already been through this - now I understand. :brokenheart

Must be brave today. Indy is my first dog, first greyhound, and heart dog, which makes this all the more difficult. Hugs to all of you who have already been through this - now I understand. brokenheart.gif

What difficult steps are love forces us at times to take.

I will be thinking of you and Indy today and holding you both close in my heart. grouphug.gif

Judy cry1.gif

I am very sorry for the loss of your boy. Cancer is a horrible, horrible disease. Our thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Indy has crossed the bridge to join all the beloved hounds that have gone before him. His passing was peaceful. No more hurt, suffering, or cancer.

My heart is filled with sorrow. The house seems so empty without my big boy. :cry1

Thank you again from the bottom of my broken heart for all your sympathy and compassion.

I will honor him in "Remembrance."

Edited by IndyandHollyluv