Bailey Will Be Having Surgery Next Week

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad to hear that she's home!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I'm glad she's home. I hope she feels better soon.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

That doesn't look out of line for the surgery she had but wouldn't want to see it worse. Have not used Amicar so not sure if it would be indicated at this point or not. Is there anyone who can prescribe if needed? You should still be able to get it at a hospital pharmacy, holiday or no.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'll take another picture in the morning to see if it is spreading. Someone should be at my vet's office from 9-12 tomorrow.

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

:hope I'm just reading this and feeling very sad but very hopeful that biopsy results will come back quickly and with negative findings!! (or at least with chemo as a viable option). Bailey is in good hands at home, so sorry everything came around the holidays. At our house, we've had 2 rough Thanksgivings. Hurley's ventral incision was closed with 40+ staples. Bailey's look like wire thread! I wouldn't worry about the bruising and the incision looks clean.

Sending many good thoughts your way! :gh_child:beatheart

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

HI Mo - just seeing this! Hugs to you, Bailey & the family - hoping Dr. Couto has some good options for you...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

here is this morning's picture - it's hard to tell if it's worse so I guess that means it's not badly bleeding or it would be more obvious.

post-1382-12623602591105_thumb.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

Guest mcsheltie

here is this morning's picture - it's hard to tell if it's worse so I guess that means it's not badly bleeding or it would be more obvious.

It looks fine. It doesn't look like it has gotten any worse in 24 hours. You will see some spreading, it is normal as the body absorbs it. But it is still the same color and density (for lack of a better word) as it was yesterday.

What you don't want to see is the area darkening (continued bleeding) and the solid dark area becoming larger or blood starting to pool under the elbow or toward the back legs. I wish I had taken pictures of our bleeders. But I believe there are some on OSU's site. They show moderate to severe. That will give you something to compare it to.

Just keep an eye on it, some don't start to bleed until 48 hrs post surgery.

If needed we found Amicar at Walgreens.

Just checking in for an update! Continued healing thoughts being sent.

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

Bailey's bruise was worse looking on Saturday so I took her into the vet where they checked her PCV. It was 56 and she had no temp and was eating. They said it looked good. On Sunday the bruising started fading and today it looks great. She didn't want to eat last night and was pacing and panting in the night. I think/hope she was hot as I had a shirt on her to stop licking and Sean had bumped the heat since it is so cold here right now. This morning she didn't eat much and threw up a bit of bile. I'm hoping it's because yesterday was her first day with no Deramaxx.

Other than that we've had several instances of stuffy shaking, tail wagging, mooching and rubbing for butt scritchies. She's bounced back well from the surgery for the most part.

here is a record of her bruising. It's getting much better now.

the third one down is when I took her to the vets...

post-1382-12626527946068_thumb.jpg

Wow, remarkable photo diary. Hurley had a similar situation and I now know he needs Aminocaproic acid if he ever has surgery again: here is the linky:

Research study Dr. Couto

I am going to add it to his chart at the Emergency Vet this week and my regular vet has already read through it and called me back while checking in on his update.

More good thoughts being sent that things go well!!

P.S. We have a lot of the same instrumentation at our hospital lab and we are currently learning to take over the TEG's from the perfusionists...it's so odd to hear them being used for greyhounds but yet, I love it!!!

Siggy4.jpg