Bailey Will Be Having Surgery Next Week

Last week I was rubbing Bailey's belly while she was roaching and I thought I felt a mass. When I compared with Murph his belly was all soft but hers felt like it had something firm in it. She's been playful, waggy and happy but on and off her food. I was too busy last week to get her in but I took her today. The vet agrees it is a mass on either the spleen (more likely) or liver (less likely). She said since she seems to feel fine it can wait a few days til after the holiday. She wants to do ultrasound before she goes in so she has a better idea of what she's up against and the soonest they can do that is Wednesday. If it's on her spleen they'll remove that since it is a time bomb waiting to rupture. If it's on her liver she'll judge what to do then.

So if you all could keep Bailey in your thoughts for a few days I'd appreciate it. :sad1

Edited by TinyMityMo

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh No Mo....I hope they get better news after the ultrasound so it is operable.

:bighug to you and Sean and the boys and Bailey.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest IrskasMom

Hello Maureen. I am upset about Bailey ! Please keep us informed on Wednesday about the Ultrasound Outcome. Have a nice Holiday.Gentle Hugs and Prayers for

Bailey and you. :grouphug:hope:grouphug

A friend's whippet had their spleen removed because of a 7 pound tumor and she's doing great. Hope Bailey does well next week.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

:grouphug Poor Bailey! I hope the doctor is able to remove it safely :goodluck

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest Energy11

If, God Forbid, it is the spleen, Bailey can live without one, but,we won't " go down that road," until, and IF, you have to. In the meantime, sending you love, hugs and many prayers!

Lottsa good and positive thoughts for sweet Bailey.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Can I ask?? Why didn't your vet take an x-ray?? Hoping for a good outcome!!!

she did - two views. She's pretty sure it's the spleen but wants to verify with the ultrasound too.

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

Can I ask?? Why didn't your vet take an x-ray?? Hoping for a good outcome!!!

she did - two views. She's pretty sure it's the spleen but wants to verify with the ultrasound too.

Glad she already took the views---if there HAS to be something excised let's hope it's the spleen. There is a better chance that it will be benign! Finger's crossed!

Edited by tbhounds