Bailey Will Be Having Surgery Next Week

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I really REALLY hope it's different from what my Brindle had. She went in for emergency surgery at 1 Am. They opened her up and she was loaded with tumors that were bleeding. It was hemangiosarcoma.

She was so bad that they just let her sleep.

I hope it's not the same thing. You have my prayers and lots of paws crossed here.

I wasn't going to say it, but this is the same scenario from 2 of mine. I'm so sorry. I will keep praying for her though. :hope

Oooh I need to edit my response. This is better. I should've read all your responses.

Edited by Heehoo

Oh Mo, I wish it had been better news. :grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I am sorry to read this, but, maybe you have bought her some quality time. I wish her speedy recovery.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest eaglflyt

I'm praying for Bailey and that her pathology report will reveal something that responds well to treatment. I hope she has a quick surgical recovery. Hugs to you, too. :grouphug

Reading your update just made my heart sink. I am so sorry and pray that you can make things better for her for a long time to come.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

:grouphug Hoping that she recovers quickly and that the pathology will give you good news rather than bad. If they don't look like hemangiosarcoma, what *do* they look like?

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest Pat2003

Dang, but don't panic the pathology report might surprise you. I wonder why they didn't remove her omentum, they removed mine and I don't miss it at all. It may be different with dogs. Healing thoughts for Bailey and hugs for you, Sean, Sawyer, Spencer and Mr. Murphy.

Oh, Mo, I'm so sorry. But it's good they got that spleen out now.

We'll continue to keep Bailey in our prayers. Please let us know how she's doing, and what the reports show.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug Prayers for a speedy recovery from surgery.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I have my Boo-boo bear home with me :)

The vet said she bounced out of the surgery remarkably well and was alert, eating and drinking for them. Now the wait for the biopsy results. I've emailed Dr. Couto and he will be consulting on her treatment plan.

She has antibiotics twice daily and Deramaxx for pain once in the mornings.

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!