Bailey Will Be Having Surgery Next Week

P.S. We have a lot of the same instrumentation at our hospital lab and we are currently learning to take over the TEG's from the perfusionists...it's so odd to hear them being used for greyhounds but yet, I love it!!!

Are you a hematology med tech? I'm a chemistry med tech :)

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. We have a lot of the same instrumentation at our hospital lab and we are currently learning to take over the TEG's from the perfusionists...it's so odd to hear them being used for greyhounds but yet, I love it!!!

Are you a hematology med tech? I'm a chemistry med tech :)

I am a generalist at the moment but hope to be offered the chemistry position that is available!

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

I didn't take pictures yesterday since I was running late and it looked good Monday. This morning when I went to take a look I found a big new bruise. :sad1

I've emailed this pic to her vet and to Dr. Couto and I left a phone message with her vet to ask her what she wants me to do.

baileynewbruise1-6.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

I didn't ask. Sean is taking her in this evening (I have to take DS to an endocrinology appt in Baltimore that I made 3 months ago and can't reschedule). I'll see if he can get copies of her labs.

Yikes, Mo, that doesn't look good. :( The incision looks fantastic though, so there's that :)

Thinking good thoughts for Bailey :hope :hope :hope

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Aww poor punkin. That looks REALLY owwie.

Could be from something like them hefting her on/off of the table while she was out, etc...but man, I wouldn't think something like that would be a result.

Arnica gel?

Waiting to hear what the vet had to say...

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Well - it's time to start spoiling my Bailey rotten. Biopsy result came back as a poorly differentiated splenic spindle cell sarcoma. My vets have emailed OSU but haven't heard back yet. When they checked with the internists/oncologists at Dogs and Cats (where I took Spec for his specialty consults) they said there isn't any good chemo for that. I'm hoping Dr. Couto will have a secret magic bullet but I'm steeling myself to accept that we spoil her for the rest of her time. They had no clue what caused the huge bruise on her side. It's too far away from the other tumors (thoracic cavity rather than abdominal) to be from one of them. They did a chest xray to see if there were any mets in there and it looked clean. Her pcv was the same as Saturday at 56 so it's not an active bleed. They sent blood out for a coag panel. I didn't think to ask how aggressive this type of cancer is but I think that poorly differentiated is bad.

Guest vahoundlover

Oh damnsad.gif I am so sorry!! My thoughts and prayers are with you guys and Bailey.

edited because I just saw your update

Edited by vahoundlover

Mo, I'm hopeful that you'll hear some other options from Dr. Couto. Until then, give her lots of love (as I know you will). I am so so sorry that you're going through this.

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Sending gentlest hugs and prayers for good days and smiles.

I'm so sorry the results weren't better.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry to read this. I hope Bailey will have many more good days to enjoy with you and your family.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Just popping in to send you an extra hug Mo :grouphug

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.