Bailey Will Be Having Surgery Next Week

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest houndhome

I am so sorry to hear this. If you need a second opinion, Dr. Nancy Gustafson, Springfield Regional Veterinary Referral Center, is Tigger's oncologist. She is working with OSU with Tigger's lymphoma. Her office is right by the mixing bowl, number 703-451-8900. She definitely enjoys research and trying new things, and she trusts Dr. Cuoto and OSU, so if you need a local doctor to work with them, I'd recommend Dr. G. Whatever happens, you and Bailey are in my thoughts. Anne

Well - it's time to start spoiling my Bailey rotten. Biopsy result came back as a poorly differentiated splenic spindle cell sarcoma. My vets have emailed OSU but haven't heard back yet. When they checked with the internists/oncologists at Dogs and Cats (where I took Spec for his specialty consults) they said there isn't any good chemo for that. I'm hoping Dr. Couto will have a secret magic bullet but I'm steeling myself to accept that we spoil her for the rest of her time. They had no clue what caused the huge bruise on her side. It's too far away from the other tumors (thoracic cavity rather than abdominal) to be from one of them. They did a chest xray to see if there were any mets in there and it looked clean. Her pcv was the same as Saturday at 56 so it's not an active bleed. They sent blood out for a coag panel. I didn't think to ask how aggressive this type of cancer is but I think that poorly differentiated is bad.

Mo, I just don't know what to say... I can't believe it :( Bailey such a special little thing. I know you will spoil her rotton. Please let me know if I can do anything, I mean anything. Please give Bailey lovins from her auntie Karen and Uncle Guy.

Bailey Boo sweetie I'm sorry you have to go through this but know sweetheart your Auntie Karen and Uncle Guy love you to pieces :blush

Hugs to all of you Mo!

Praying for all the missing greys!

Guest greytbookert

I'm so sorry. I was hoping with all my might that it wasn't going to be anything sinister. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh, no. I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Just checking in on youse guys this morning and sending along some hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

she still feels decent - we have nightly stuffy shaking going on when dinner time is announced. This morning we had 2-3 inches of new snow and Sean said she was playbowing in the yard. I'll be taking her and Murph to our groups meet and greet tomorrow to let her socialize with other greys as she enjoys that.

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

I am just checking in and am so sorry to hear this news! I hope there is some good news from Dr. Cuoto but it is good to hear she is still playful.

Many hugs and good thoughts being sent your way.

(In other news, I did not get the first shift chem position because a part time first shifter decided to go full time and she got it...there are two more people who will retire soon enough though, so it won't be long!)

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

:grouphug

Spoil sweet Bailey rotten - which M&G are you going to? I'm gonna try to go to College Park on Sunday... (Mighty Healthy Pet)

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge