Asking For Just A Few Prayers

Well, drat.

I hope Wednesday turns out to be a big waste of time for you and the vet, and that Llllllllennnnny is just busy healing some soft tissue.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Energy11

We are sending nothing but love, hugs and prayers to you and your Lenny! You are also welcome to come here to hide out, anytime, too! I have a nice spot in my loft :-)) But, seriously, wishing ONLY the best for Handsome Lenny! Love, Dee and The Five :wub::wub::grouphug

Guest eaglflyt

I'm hoping for a good vet visit on Wed. and a diagnosis of soft tissue injury that is taking some extra time to heal. I've got Lenny in my prayers.

Shelly in OK

Guest sorenkkg

Thinking good thoughts for you and Lenny!

Haka did something to his paw last sunday (week and a bit ago, on the 5th) and we did take him to the vet the tuesday after, and they did do an xray (and didn't have to sedate him, yay) and in the end, it turned out to be no breaks (we suspected broken toe or toes) and it is just taking a LONG time for the tissues or ligaments and whatnot to heal.

I'm hoping that Lenny just played over-vigorously like my Haka-man does, and that he'll be ok without too much trouble soon!grouphug.gif

Thinking good thoughts for you and Lenny!

Haka did something to his paw last sunday (week and a bit ago, on the 5th) and we did take him to the vet the tuesday after, and they did do an xray (and didn't have to sedate him, yay) and in the end, it turned out to be no breaks (we suspected broken toe or toes) and it is just taking a LONG time for the tissues or ligaments and whatnot to heal.

I'm hoping that Lenny just played over-vigorously like my Haka-man does, and that he'll be ok without too much trouble soon!grouphug.gif

I've been thinking injury all along, but I do remember before Lenny arrived here,those involved with his re-homing were told he limped however none of saw any indication at all of a limp.

He started limping when we had a really cold front come in so that could be related.

Hopefully the xrays tomorrow will shed some light and if not, it will rule out what most are thinking

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest sorenkkg

I've been thinking injury all along, but I do remember before Lenny arrived here,those involved with his re-homing were told he limped however none of saw any indication at all of a limp.

He started limping when we had a really cold front come in so that could be related.

Hopefully the xrays tomorrow will shed some light and if not, it will rule out what most are thinking

Oooh, that reminds me-- when we got Aleeya, she has obvious scars on one of her back legs, and we assume that was her career ender. She sometimes limps on that leg, and onetime came up totally not using it-- we went through much with the vet, and almost even biopsied her (the bone in the leg sort of bows out, so they thought it was something, and couldn't see it on the xrays well).

We didn't biopsy in the end, and that was 2+ yrs ago.

Now, she just limps every once in a while for a few days on that leg... most recently this past May (right before a vacation of course) and so we took her in again-- no xrays this time, but a huge scrip for meloxicam.

She took it for about 5 days as my mom babysat for her, and of course, stopped limping as soon as we left town and left her there-- would start again if Haka was stressing her out it seemed (like racing on the stairs)... So turns out she was a total drama queen faker.

Anyway, just throwing that out there, maybe it's an old thing and it just pops up for Lenny sometimes, it occurs to him to limp, and then maybe he'll forget about it.

goodluck.gifgoodluck.gifgoodluck.gif

Claudia, I'm just now seeing this (I don't visit H&M often). I hope Lenny is dealing with nothing more than a soft tissue injury. Honey had one a few years ago that took nearly three weeks to resolve completely.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Sending lots of good thoughts for tom0rrow's x-rays :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck Hoping for a soft-tissue injury :goodluck488b715a.gif488b715a.gif488b715a.gif

Edited for typos

Edited by MerlinsMum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Hoping for the best tomorrow.

On the cold weather front: Betsy is chronically lame in the winter. She has tendonitis in the right shoulder (actually in both, but it's the right that bothers her), and it flares up in the cold.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)