Asking For Just A Few Prayers

Vet just called and said if he isin't better by Tuesday he wants him in for xrays. He feels that he should be on the Rimadyl for 10 full days before he will want xrays.

He has current blood work on Lenny so he'll be safe on the Rimadyl for 10 days

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's gotta be nothing. It's just a bruise. It's just a strain. It's just a sprain. It's n-o-t-h-i-n-g! Sending prayers and hugs. Ekko, honey, will you please sit on your brudder so he won't move?

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Soft tissue can take a long time to heal. Good to make sure, tho. Keeping fingers crossed for Lenny!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Vet just called and said if he isin't better by Tuesday he wants him in for xrays. He feels that he should be on the Rimadyl for 10 full days before he will want xrays.

He has current blood work on Lenny so he'll be safe on the Rimadyl for 10 days

Claudia, I've been in your shoes and know the worry that comes at a time like this. Our vet said to wait 10 days with Lulu too, but she wasn't doing better after six with Rimadyl, so I insisted on x-rays right away. I don't ever wish for injuries, but I hope it's nothing but a soft tissue injury that will get better with continued rest.

I am always on Tessie because she really plays hard, and sometimes can really overwhelm Kare Bear. I personally always let them out separately to avoid such injuries when Tessie is all wound up, but my other half says "Dogs will be Dogs"...it just drives me crazy!

Praying it's nothing.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest oldNELLIE

I am just seeing this!

I am sorry Lenny isn't feeling 100% :(

I know it is hard to not worry, but I feel like Nellie hurts herself in such little and easy ways...the worst was pulling her neck just stepping off the couch! She was in pain for a long time. If he has been rough-housing I know that is what the problem is!

Good thoughts coming from the chilly NE.

How is Mr. Lenny doing today? Carl wants him to know that he should take a cue from his big brother, Wayne, and take-it-easy and let his leg heal (just don't be like Wayne on Tuesdays!).

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Thanks everyone. You are all so supportive and I know that you all know how much it's appreciated.

He's about the same but like many of you have said, it can take awhile so I still have hopes that he'll get better and there's nothing sinister going on. But I will take the advice from my vet and if no improvement by Tuesday, he'll go in for xrays.

And Carl, if Lenny decides to be like Wayne on Tuesdays, I am leaving home :lol

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

You can always hide here! Cofax will share her bed! (tee hee).......

Hopefully the rescue remedy cookies are on the way

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

So sorry I didn't notice this before, Claudia!

Tell Mr. Llenny that new additions to the family are not allowed to show any signs of illness for a minimum of 3 years. He has violated this rule, and the penalty is severe. He has to face the wrath of Dandi:

(Oops, I'd better wake him up first)

So, you'd better be doing ballet on that footsie by the end of the weekend!broke.giflol.gif

bighug.gif Get well soon, handsome!

Edited by greyhndz

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

I spoke with my vet this morning and he wants to see Lenny so I'm bringing him in Wednesday afternoon.

He wants me to continue the Rimadyl but he feels that there should be more improvement than just a little, and he wants to be sure we're not masking something.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg