Mikie

djsgreys

Tonight the heavens are brighter still.

As I celebrated Gifted Suzy's, I also introduced one of her very special friends and the greytest ambassadog ever, Mikie. In an ironic twist of fate, these two hounds who had spent so much time together promoting greyhound adoption were diagnosed with osteo one week apart.

Tonight, Mikie joined Suzy at the bridge.

DSC04136.jpg

What a special hound. Any one who met Mikie at the hundreds of adoption events he worked, will have a story to tell. Mikie, always the first to offer a paw to get the attention he needed, and once he had some scrithces and some pets, the first to lie down for a rest - anywhere, anytime.

Sue and Michael, I know how sad you are tonight. :grouphug Gradually the tears of grief that you can not hold back will be replaced by smiles as you remember all of the wonderful and loving times you had with your special man.

Mikie we will remember you and love you forever. Run free, my good friend, run free.

Deb

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

:gh_run2 Run free beautiful boy, I didn't know you, but i know u will be missed

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

My condolences to special Mikie's people.

Follow the stars, sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Lovey_Hounds

My condolences go out to Mikies family and to those who knew him :cry1:grouphug ... just remember suzy will be with her friend and he wont be alone at the bridge.

Guest PhillyPups

Deb,

My sympathy to Mikies family. He and Gifted Suzy are forever bonded and together again.

Run with the angels Mikie, you are with some of the very very best ~

My condolences to all who knew and loved Mikie. What a beautiful pup, inside and out.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

My condolences to all who loved this sweet boy. Godspeed, Mikie.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

:f_red:f_red:grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm so sorry for the loss of their beautiful boy. I hope it gives you all some comfort to think of Suzy & Mikie together, forever. Godspeed Mikie! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

:cry1 :cry1 :cry1 I am so sorry for Mikie's parents Sue and Michael. :(

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Rest in peace, beautiful boy. :heart:gh_run2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Deb and John

I want to thank you for your continued support and companionship during this hard time. You are so eloquent with words, you put into words what I want to say

I cried when Suzy went to the bridge and I knew what was to come for Mike.I just want you to know how peacfull he went and I know it is better for Mikie, no more pain.I can see him and Suzy playing now. Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

Love Susan+Michael

We love you Sue :grouphug and we are always here for you for whatever you need.

What a strange twist of fate has led us to the pain we share today. When Suzy left, one of the posters here said to me

You could have missed the pain, but then you would also have missed the dance. I am so glad that we were able to dance together. What a greyt journey these guys take us on.

Deb

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com