Need Major Grey Talk Prayers

My friend Vicky, GT member bluesky's Cali was taken to the vet at 4:00 am with HGE. Cali just finished chemo on Thursday for osteo.

Cali had her right front leg amputated on June 9th, then contracted an infection in her left back leg. Antibiotic treatment delayed the start of the chemo until August 12th. She's done very well with her chemo with one slight reaction at the beginning.

Yesterday Cali threw up her dinner early in the morning. She refused breakfast and was lethargic, none of these are unusual when you've had chemo. She had diarhea later in the day, again not unusual. Early this morning, it was bloody and she was panting and drooling so off to the evet.

Cali has had HGE before, which makes her more likely to get it again. With her lowered white counts due to the chemo her resistance is low. She needs our prayers.

Vicky will update us when she talks to the vet.

Come Cali Girl, you can beat this! Here is Cali's Story

Cali and her vet tech during her final chemo treatment

cali046.jpg

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayers and White Light from Iron Man (having his chemo treatment on Wednesday) and family.

:heart:heart:heart

Edited by Tallgreydogmom

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Sending lots of healing wishes and positive thoughts. I had one experience with this horrible illness, and I know she needs everyone pulling for her. :candle

Sending lots of good thoughts for Cali! :goodluck:candle :candle :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Just got off the phone with the vet and Cali is resting comfortably.

She had a little bit of diarrhea and vomited a little of what they are calling "coffee grinds". They've got her on some heavy duty antibiotics because of her low WBC and lots of anti nausea meds. If she vomits again, they're going to start her on some type of new med that they've only been able to use since this spring.

I'm going to visit her at 6:30 and bring her some her food (I feed raw). The plan is for her to get eating and keeping things down so she can recuperate at home where she's most comfortable.

They have been in contact with our regular vet - they're open Sundays for a couple of hours - and Dr. Shibata is concurring with the e-vet's treatment plan.

Again, thanks for all your prayers and good thoughts. I'm just beside myself with worry.

Vicky and my best boys Vern (Rockin Big Mike) and Wil (Deco Abilene Wil).

Missing my best girl Cali (BOC's Kaylynn) at the Bridge.

Oh dear... :( Sendiing tons of prayers and light to Miss Cali. :hope:heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.