Lee Lee (dropoffthekeylee)

Guest KyGrey

Guest KyGrey

Lee Lee

(DropOffTheKeyLee)

11-23-95 to 07-07-09

I first heard about you on GreyTalk about 4 ½ years ago when a thread was started about a 9 year old black boy who needed a home. I read it and kept watching that thread for a couple days or so and when not one soul spoke up about you I inquired about you. I was asked to fill out an online application with the group in Virginia and I did that. That was on a Thursday. That next evening I came in from work and ran to the computer to see if I had been approved or denied. I had been approved. Now, I had to find out how to get you from Virginia all the way to Kentucky. Low and behold, some nice volunteers (Gil (who overnighted you), Diane (VirginiaGreys) and Brenda P. and her husband and myself all worked together and you were home in just two days. Sunday evening I brought you home and even though it took you over a year to really feel comfortable you were home and I knew you wouldn't be bounced again.

You were so scared in the beginning that a leaf blowing across the yard, an airplane in the sky, a loud car up on the highway or kids down at the other end of the street would set you off. In fear you would tug and pull as you tried to get back in the house where those scary things wouldn't/couldn't get you. You were so scared of fireworks and thunder in the beginning. We both worked through that. It took a long time but you would just chill out during storms and over the 4th of July after a while.

Over time you grew to actually love being outside. We would all go on walks around the neighborhood and at the parks and you loved every minute of it. You would hold your nose up in the air and just sniff for all you were worth.

Time eventually took its toll and you began to slow down. You had been diagnosed with LS (lumbrosacral stenosis) and it would eventually lead to your demise. It took years but it worked its way up into your throat and caused you difficulty in breathing. You also had some kidney issues in the last few months. I don't know what my life would have been like if you hadn't been part of it. I know you proved to me that seniors are so different and I love you to this day as much as I loved you when you were alive. I will always hold a special place in my heart for the seniors and you, my boy, are the who started that love. You weren't my first greyhound but you were my first male greyhound and my first senior greyhound. Thank you for being part of my life and changing it for the better. I love you Lee Lee and you will always be part of me.

This is the very first pic I ever saw of you.

Lee-1-101604-1.jpg

Our first Christmas together

LeeMolly103004.jpg

100_0439-a.jpg

You were always so proud of your Super Lee Lee shirt and then your Magic Harness.

LeeAug31_0002-1.jpg

Lee Lee, there's so much more I would love to write about you but I'm not sure I could put it all in words. You were truly one of a kind to me and one of the best things that has happened to me in my life. I will see you again one day.

Take care, sweetie. I love you! :beatheart

Edited by KyGrey

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

RIP Lee Lee.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest vahoundlover

Patti :grouphug Lee Lee was a special fella, I'm glad he had you. I know the heartache of losing one that made such a huge impact on your life, its indescribable. Your sweet boy will always be with you, on a gentle breeze, always watching over his mom.

:f_red

Godspeed Lee Lee. You are sorely missed. :(

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

You did a great job with Lee Lee's tribute Patti, a great job. He was special to us that boy, and I can just see him and Misty together laughing at you and I because of how we both tripped over ourselves for them.

I'm telling you, I know they're laughing!

LeeLee, my friend, you are running with all the Angels now and you are running free from all pain and discomfort.

And I just know that you are watching over your mom and I just know that you knew how very much you were loved.

God speed my friend

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest PhillyPups

Patti -

I am so very sorry. Lee Lee fought a gallant battle to stay with you as long as he could and he went on the wings of love. I know there are no words :bighug

Run with the angels Super Lee Lee you are with some of the very very best -

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss of Lee Lee. He was obviously very well loved. He was lucky to have you, and you are lucky to have such beautiful memories. May the memories bring you comfort.

Run free, sweet Lee Lee.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Thank you for sharing LeeLee's story with us. It is obvious that he loved you as much as you loved him. May your memories bring you comfort. Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest houndstooth4

I'm so very sorry for your loss! It sounds like the two of you were meant to be together. I'm so glad that you found one another and had the time together that you did!

:f_pink