Poppy Is Poorly - At The Vets

I am very sorry I just now saw this but I am happy to hear Poppy is coming home. We will be saying prayers for a speedy recovery..... :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug:getwell:hope :hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Vinnie

Always something isn't it? Hope that Poppy is feeling even better in the morning to bring her home and hope that Buddy's lump is not anything serious. Hugs and prayers.

Firstly - Buddys lumpoid seems to be of the fatty variety so we're just going to keep an eye on it (phew).

Poppy can come home this afternoon. Now then, someone sack me as a dog owner because when I got the diagnosis (months ago) of larangeal paralysis, what I actually meant to take on board was tracheal collapse instead :rolleyes::blush The two conditions are seperate. This is tracheal collapse (link includes a surgical photo part way down the page) http://vetsurgerycentral.com/tracheal_collapse.htm

So anyway, just to clarify matters and see if any more light can be shed, Poppy is going to have a mild sedative and both vets are going to have another look down her throat. She'll be able to come home later this afternoon :)

When we were there with Bud this morning, I went down to the 'ward' to see Poppy and she was sulking when I spoke to her :rolleyes: I told her that I'll be back later to collect her and she snorted and went back to sleep. Charming :rolleyes::lol

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest Lori
When we were there with Bud this morning, I went down to the 'ward' to see Poppy and she was sulking when I spoke to her I told her that I'll be back later to collect her and she snorted and went back to sleep. Charming

Truly a Doyle Dog! :lol:lol

Hope the "look see" goes well. And glad Buddy just seems to have an odd fatty spot. I have a few of those myself! :colgate

Guest EmbersDad
Firstly - Buddys lumpoid seems to be of the fatty variety so we're just going to keep an eye on it (phew).

Poppy can come home this afternoon. Now then, someone sack me as a dog owner because when I got the diagnosis (months ago) of larangeal paralysis, what I actually meant to take on board was tracheal collapse instead :rolleyes::blush The two conditions are seperate. This is tracheal collapse (link includes a surgical photo part way down the page) http://vetsurgerycentral.com/tracheal_collapse.htm

So anyway, just to clarify matters and see if any more light can be shed, Poppy is going to have a mild sedative and both vets are going to have another look down her throat. She'll be able to come home later this afternoon :)

When we were there with Bud this morning, I went down to the 'ward' to see Poppy and she was sulking when I spoke to her :rolleyes: I told her that I'll be back later to collect her and she snorted and went back to sleep. Charming :rolleyes::lol

its always the quiet ones that surprise us the most :lol

Poppy is now back at home and is very delighted to be here. At least I think she is. It's hard to tell as she is not actually speaking to me :rolleyes::lol:wub:

She ate a small chocolate brownie (as did everyone else) as a homecoming celebration (I got them for me in Co-op near the vets but they were vile so I donated them to the dogs) and then she had a big drink, did a wee and went to bed. She's had a little bit of dinner but I think she might be a bit overwhelmed and not in the mood for eating dinner (or maybe she's holding out for another brownie...) so I'll offer it to her again later this evening.

The vets found that her larynx are fine and it's definately her trachea which is problematic. However, she's much better than she was when she went into the vets on Saturday and she's come home with antibiotics to finish and some of the bronchiodilator which she was started on over the weekend (Millophyline). She'll be checked again on Saturday afternoon.

Thank you ALL for your kind thoughts and good wishes for Poppy. They seem to have done the trick and got our girl home again :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Goodness!! Just seeing this now - so glad Poppy is home and getting back in form. And glad Buddy is just fatty! :D I hope everything progresses now in a non-eventful fashion...

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest vahoundlover

Good news on Buddy!

Poppy, I'm glad your home sweetie :kiss2 Go easy on your mom, she did offer you a brownie ya know.