Poppy Is Poorly - At The Vets

Sorry for the delay in updating (new computer is being a pain in the rear) :angryfire

I spoke to the vet just after 7pm and Poppy was still quite settled. There wasn't much to report really and it's hard to get concrete answers, which I understand. I think the vet is wary of saying "oh yes she'll be home tomorrow" when in reality, it could all still go pear shaped. So, the way we left it was with the vet saying that there is currently nothing to worry about but that she doesn't want us getting too excited. Make of that what you will...

I've arranged to phone tomorrow morning and we'll formulate a plan at that point.

Thanks for all the good thoughts :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor lil' muffin... :( Sending "stable" thoughts and healing light to Miss P. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I hope Poppy continues to stay calm and comfortable and that all turns out well and she's able to come back home tomorrow. Sending lots of good thoughts!

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest greytbookert

I'm just seeing this now! Having had an LP hound, I know how hard it can be! I'm sending as many good thoughts as I have right now! Come on Poppy!

Guest Vinnie

Adding our prayers and good thoughts for your sweet Poppy. Hope the vet is able to give you some answers in the morning. Hugs and scritches.

Just seeing this Bev and praying she is back to herself in no time.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I just picked up the phone to call the vets and the nurse was there on the end of the line because she had called me at exactly the same time :unsure:lol Anyway, the update is that Poppy ate her dinner last night and had a settled night. They've had her out for a walk around the hospital this morning and she does still get breathless but not as bad as she was yesterday morning. The debate is still on as to whether Poppy will come home today. If she's not coming, we'll go and visit her. I'll get another call from the vets sometime after 12, with another update.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Vet nurse called. They are wanting to continue with the medications etc so will be keeping Poppy again today and overnight. I'm going to phone at teatime.

I've said that I don't mind her staying there if we're likely to be making any inroads into getting her 'better' but if that's not going to happen, I don't want Poppys final days to be at the vets and would rather bring her home. This is what I'll be sorting out when I phone them later.

I hope the answer is that she's getting better. :goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)