Kenny - Yes I Can

Greys4Us

Kennyface.jpg

It has almost been two weeks since Kenny went on to the Rainbow Bridge. Part of Kenny’s story was in another thread here. I was too devastated to write anything and for awhile thought about just moving on. But as time went by, I thought that it wasn’t fair to Kenny if I didn’t pay him a proper tribute. I want this thread to be a celebration of Kenny’s life as no dog deserves it more (at least that’s my opinion!):

Kenny, you came into our lives and your stay was too short. You weren’t even here for two weeks when we lost you. We knew when we saw your photograph that we wanted to bring you to our home and give you all the love we had to give while you were alive. We love the senior dogs and especially the black ones! We’ve had our share of them and some are waiting at the bridge. We knew that adopting a senior dog (and one with few teeth) had its down sides. We also knew that there was always the possibility that you would not last long. But we were ready to do what we had to do to give you the best time left in your life.

We had no idea that the time with you would be so short. But we have no regrets. You brought so much to us in just the little time we had with you. A gentleness, understanding, sweet but independent nature; you were so good no matter how badly you must have felt.

Based on the little we know about your past, we can only imagine the energy you must have had as a puppy. Just watching that tail moving the minute someone looked at you tells us that you were a friendly and outgoing hound. And, from what we can tell, you were not afraid of anything. You certainly had us standing in amazement when you tried climbing the hill outside our door even though you could barely walk. I think if we had not stopped you, you might have made it to the top.

From what we can tell, you never raced. But someone must have cared enough about you to find you a home. You made it to the ripe old age of eleven so someone must have cared enough to take reasonable care of you. And someone cared enough to get you to us. In some respects, you showed us that “Yes I Can” is spelled “KENNY.”

Now that we are over the anger, sadness, worry, and terrible cutting grief of losing you the way you had to go, we can now feel blessed that you touched our lives.

So many people look at the length of time they have had a friend or colleague or how long they have worked somewhere or been around family. But you are testimony to the fact that some come into our lives for a very short time and have the most profound affect on our lives. You did that here.

:heart Rest in sweet peace good buddy until we meet again. Look for the others at the bridge.

Your family

Greyhounds Cassie, Ajay, Rowan, Yukon, and Teddy

Lurcher Otto

Bridge hounds Valentino, Ford, Craiger, and Apache

Guest Gingergrey
:f_red Yes you did Kenny! You changed the lives of your family you had for only two weeks. Your love will be with them forever. Godspeed sweet KENNY! You are with the best now.

Because of you, Kenny knew what love and caring was, and that I believe to be a blessing for him.

It's not the time, it's the quality.It was impossible not to fall in love with this boy from the moment Meri posted about him.

Thank you so much for being there!

Kenny, God speed handsome, run with all our Angels, and please continue to watch over those who love you.

You have left behind a true legacy of love

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest jade1046
:weep Bless you for all you did for this sweet boy in the short time he had with you. Godspeed sweet Kenny - you were loved by so many from afar. :gh_run2:f_white

Guest TheUnrulyHound
But you are testimony to the fact that some come into our lives for a very short time and have the most profound affect on our lives. You did that here.

Beautiful Kenny, you were so loved :weep this line gave me chills........

Guest PhillyPups

Thank you for showing Kenny gentle unconditional love for however brief your journeys may have crossed. Kenny touched many of us in his gentle way ~ I think, when it comes to taking in a senior, many of us now will say, Kenny, Yes We Can

I'm so sorry you didn't have more time with him, but I'm glad you got to love him. :gh_run

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest twilliams

What a beautiful tribute to this special guy. I am so glad he found his way to you. Run free, Kenny and enjoy all those hills.

Guest redreed

That was beautiful, and for a wonderful friendship though it was too short.

God Bless and Godspeed.

Edited by redreed

I am so very sorry. :cry1 What a wonderful tribute to a special boy.

Godspeed Kenny.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

What a moving tribute to Kenny. I am so sorry you did not have more time with him. Godspeed Kenny! :gh_run2

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Guest argolola

Sweet boy, you had a wonderful family at the end of your days, who gave you the world. You gave them your heart. You will never know just how big that family was...in fact, it stretched around the world.

You will always be loved, angel boy.

I am so sorry for your loss. Your tribute says so much about a hound you only knew for a few weeks - he must have been very. very special. Godspeed Kenny! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis