I Don't Post Often, But Gracie Needs Many Prayers Right Now

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The news just keeps getting better and better! You go Gracie!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Please continue to say prayers for my little girl. She seems to have hit a plateau. I'm hoping that getting her home will give her more desire to try to stand and walk. Just so bummed right now. And scared that she might not walk.

Lisa, Matt, Travis, and Kathryn

Furkids: Gracie (Styled Princess) and felines Tilly and Nike

SignatureGreytalk.jpg

Come on, Gracie girl, little by little ..... Your momma and daddy want you home, sweet pea.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hang in there! Okay, worst case scenario: She is handicapped. You'll learn to deal with it. It's what we do. And you'll love her like crazy, 'cause that's also what we do.

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Gracie update: 06/24 ~ 9 AM

What a rollercoaster. I left Gracie yesterday with a very heavy heart. The neurologist said that she may not walk for weeks since she hit this plateau. He agreed that even though it is more than we were prepared for, it will be good for her to come home. We wanted her to be somewhat ambulatory since I will be caring for her and Travis by myself most of the time when Matt has a stretch of working days. (He works 7p-7a, comes home and sleeps until about 5, eats dinner and is gone at 6.) Our plan is to bring Gracie home tomorrow afternoon.

The Vet student working with Gracie, Kelley, called this morning with exciting news! Gracie stood her her crate shortly after I left yesterday. She did it again this morning. Keep in mind that she is not standing without support - she was leaning against the back of the cage. However, she was able to push herself up on her own, both times! This morning when they had her out and standing she lifted her front left paw. They believe it was a purposeful, controlled movement, as if she was trying to walk.

I understand we still have a long road ahead. I know I am going to still have lots of ups and downs. But after yesterday, this is such great news. I just had to share.

Plus, my girlie gets to come home tomorrow afternoon. :D

Lisa, Matt, Travis, and Kathryn

Furkids: Gracie (Styled Princess) and felines Tilly and Nike

SignatureGreytalk.jpg

Great news! How wonderful that she gets to come home tomorrow. I haven't read what everyone else has posted, but have considered trying water (swim) therapy to help get her back on her feet? You should talk to greytdecals (Suzie Q) as it did work miracles for her boy Alan.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.