I Don't Post Often, But Gracie Needs Many Prayers Right Now

I don't post often, but have learned so much from others' posts over the last few years. I know that Greytalk has members from all over the world, so I am hoping to get many prayers for my girl tonight.

My heart girl is at the Emergency Vet right now and has been there since about 11 PM. I need prayers and white light from everyone.

Gracie had yet another episode this evening starting around 10 PM. By 10:20 it hadn't resolved, so I was getting concerned. (Both of her previous episodes lasted 5-10 minutes.) By 10:40 she was seizing. I was calling neighbors and friends to get someone to stay with Travis. Matt is at work. I got her to the vet by 11:10ish. She seized the whole way there. Her body temp was up at 106 - extremely high. They were able to stop her seizure, get fluids in to her at the fastest rate possible, and were wetting her down with wet blankets to bring down her temp. We started a plasma transfusion, as the vet is concerned she might develop DIC (Disseminated intravascular coagulation) from her extended high fever. Even though her temp is down and she is no longer seizing, she is not out of the woods. If she develops DIC, she most likely will not make it. If she makes it without developing DIC, the vet suspects a tumor of some sort that is causing the seizure.

Please say a prayer for my Gracie. My heart is breaking right now. I'm not ready to say goodbye to her.

Lisa, Matt, Travis, and Kathryn

Furkids: Gracie (Styled Princess) and felines Tilly and Nike

SignatureGreytalk.jpg

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good - just got off the phone with the vet. She just had another gran mal seizure which was harder for them to stop this time. They had to actually induce her to stop the seizure. Waiting about 10 minutes for the blood work. Some early indications that she might be going in to DIC. Dear God, she can't die!

SignatureGreytalk.jpg

:candle

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

You and Gracie will be in my thoughts and prayers. It is so hard to be waiting for news. Hoping you hear of an improvement and that Gracie's condition has been stabilized. :hope:candle

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

6 AM update -

No more seizures since around 2. Her 2 AM bloodwork showed her PT and PTT clotting times were slightly elevated, meaning we might be heading to DIC. Her RBC and platelets were normal. They've started her on several other medications. At 6 her clotting times were both normal. RBC are stable and glucose is back in the okay range. Her temp is still ever so slightly elevated. Her next dose of phenobarbital is scheduled for 8:30. They are giving her increased doses via injection to hopefully ward off any more seizures.

She's not out of the woods yet. If she pulls through this, we still have to find what is causing the seizures.

SignatureGreytalk.jpg

That's a promising update at 6:00 am. Fingers crossed here that she continues to improve. :goodluck

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Good thoughts for Gracie

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)