I Don't Post Often, But Gracie Needs Many Prayers Right Now

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

prayers and good thoughts for you and gracie. we are so sorry for what you are going through with your sweet girl...........

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Just seeing this, and quickly searched your posts only to find out what's been happening. Holding you and Gracie in my thoughts, and chanting for full recovery, and better control of her seizures!!

:bighug :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Gracie update - 10 PM: I just got back from the vet. My friend Renee came over for the evening, and once Travis was in bed, she and I went to visit Gracie. Matt didn't want to come see her the way she was earlier in the afternoon, so he opted to stay home with Travis.

Gracie was resting comfortably when we got there and seemed to get agitated when I talked to her. The vet said that is good because she didn't do that for him, so she recognized me and was making an effort. She straightened out her front legs, and I thought she was going to have another seizure. However, she was trying to paw at me but couldn't. She really has no motor control of her head, but that could be because of the side she was laying on. She did have pronounced deficiency on one side during the seizures and post seizure, so that may be the reason she couldn't move as much. We believe she also has some blindness at this point, temporary or not- we don't know. The meds she was given this evening may be helping any brain swelling.

After maybe 10 minutes, her whining and panting was slowing and she was relaxing. She actually fell asleep for a while when Renee and I were visiting her. I spent a good 45 minutes laying on the floor with my head in her crate and my arm on her back. She was asleep when I got up and we were heading out. I leaned over and gave her a kiss goodbye and she woke up and started getting agitated again. I feel good that she was responding (although minimally) to my presence and that she was able to settle down. We may be repeating the meds tonight. Tomorrow we will discuss our next plan which may include an MRI. I'm cringing at the cost, but also don't want to/can't put a price tag on my baby girl. I am trying to make decisions based on her prognosis and comfort, not on my convenience or cost.

Please keep the prayers coming for Gracie. She continues to need them. Thank you all for the support you've given to us. I think this is the hardest thing I have had to endure. I feel like I let my baby girl down when she was counting on me to keep her safe. I know it isn't logical, but emotions often aren't.

After maybe 10 minutes, her whining and panting was slowing and she was relaxing. She actually fell asleep for a while when Renee and I were visiting her. I spent a good 45 minutes laying on the floor with my head in her crate and my arm on her back. She was asleep when I got up and we were heading out. I leaned over and gave her a kiss goodbye and she woke up and started getting agitated again. I feel good that she was responding (although minimally) to my presence and that she was able to settle down. We may be repeating the meds tonight. Tomorrow we will discuss our next plan which may include an MRI. I'm cringing at the cost, but also don't want to/can't put a price tag on my baby girl. I am trying to make decisions based on her prognosis and comfort, not on my convenience or cost.

Please keep the prayers coming for Gracie. She continues to need them. Thank you all for the support you've given to us. I think this is the hardest thing I have had to endure. I feel like I let my baby girl down when she was counting on me to keep her safe. I know it isn't logical, but emotions often aren't.

Here are two pictures of my beautiful Gracie from this past winter:

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

Lisa, Matt, Travis, and Kathryn

Furkids: Gracie (Styled Princess) and felines Tilly and Nike

SignatureGreytalk.jpg

Guest EmilyAnne

Cont'd :hope er's for your Gracie. Henry too is blind after most seizures, but his vision always comes back. Sometimes with an hour, sometimes several days. My vet has a theory that it is the brain protecting itself from excess stimulation while it heals from recent seizure(s).

:bighug

Lots of prayers and good thoughts going to Gracie. She is such a beautiful girl and it is obvious how much you love her. I'll be thinking of you both today and hoping for tiny improvements with each update. :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I SO know about expensive. I've calculated that I've spent over $50,000 in vet bills in the past 20 yrs.

Anyway. CareCredit is one way to help defer costs. For big priced items (like an MRI would be), you could be a year interest free. Maybe more, maybe less (I've always had a year with my $3000 bills).

There's a catch. They are after all still a credit card company. If you miss a minimum payment or can't finish paying by their "no interest" date, you get WALLOPED. (just move the balance over to a lower % card if you can't finish payment on time).

That's a huge help.

Now that you've gotten some help in the $ dept, you can go back to worrying about your baby. And truthfully, leave that to us. All of us here at GT can do the worrying, so that all that's left for you to do is just keep her company and love on her.

Okay,......I hope you have a good update for us this morning. C'mon Gracie you can do it sweetie.

Guest HappyHarleysMom

I just caught this thread.

Sending many prayers, good thoughts, and white light for you Gracie. Come on girl, you can do it.

:candle:candle:candle:candle:candle

:bighug

Gracie of the Gorgeous Ears, you're in my thoughts, in on the candle, and whatever else I can come up with! Hang in there, sweetie.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Guest Winterwish

Keeping your girl Gracie in my thoughts and prayers for her steady improvement and wellness. :hope:hope Her ears are so adorable and I hope you and Gracie will soon be recuperating back at home together.