I Don't Post Often, But Gracie Needs Many Prayers Right Now

Guest bigbrindlebunny

:heart Just checking in on Gracie this morn. Thanks again for all the updates and all the detail. We're pullin' for her!

:paw

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Energy11

Good news for Gracie, especially, with Curfew here, having a "presumed brain tumor/lesion" ... HIS stroke was last Sept., but he had some mini-strokes since. He is on 180 mg of Phenobarb, and we are weaning him off Pred, now.

I am SURE she will continue to improve, and will come home soon. I keep a syringe loaded with injectable (liquid) Valium, 10 ccs, on the top of the frig. You can give this in the rectum during a seizure, using KY or other lubricant. Of course, you take the needle off the end first :-) I'd ask you vet for a script for this. I did, and at least I have something if the Phenobarb fails, and Curfew goes into a prolonged seizure, which is bad!

Please keep us posted and love and hugs to Gracie!

Good news for Gracie, especially, with Curfew here, having a "presumed brain tumor/lesion" ... HIS stroke was last Sept., but he had some mini-strokes since. He is on 180 mg of Phenobarb, and we are weaning him off Pred, now.

I am SURE she will continue to improve, and will come home soon. I keep a syringe loaded with injectable (liquid) Valium, 10 ccs, on the top of the frig. You can give this in the rectum during a seizure, using KY or other lubricant. Of course, you take the needle off the end first :-) I'd ask you vet for a script for this. I did, and at least I have something if the Phenobarb fails, and Curfew goes into a prolonged seizure, which is bad!

Just saw these posts. Love and whitelight to all and I know Gracie can do it with a loving family like yours and all the forum membersand all our dogs. Gracie, mommy needs you.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Guest Energy11

Just saw these posts. Love and whitelight to all and I know Gracie can do it with a loving family like yours and all the forum membersand all our dogs. Gracie, mommy needs you.

WE KNOW Gracie can do it, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just checking in on your little girl this morning. Sounds like you had a really good visit and it's so good to hear about the improvement.

Keep it up young lady!!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Glad she's feeling a little better.........if the vet has a positive outlook that's something!!!!

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Oh my gosh, this is definitely good news. Looks like her progress will be slow and steady, just like a human stroke victim. I've been waiting for the update and it was worth the wait. It's wonderful that she is getting back her eyesight! If she's tracking cotton balls she's definitely seeing! I am so pleased with the news. This is awesome!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Lisa and Matt, I'm SOOO glad to hear she's doing better!!! :yay :yay :yay

Gracie is always on my mind, I just can't stop thinking about your little sweetie :kiss2

I am (as always) continuing to send prayers to your beautiful little girl and want you to know I'm always thinking of her and you!!!! :grouphug

I KNOW your little girl is going to be fine -- it may take a while -- but with you guys behind her, there's NOTHING she can't recover from! :wub: :wub:

love ya guys :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest HappyHarleysMom

Thanks for the update. And, what good news about Gracie! It sounds like she's a real fighter, and going to surprise you with how much of a "comeback" she does.

Will continue to send good thoughts and prayers her way.

Atta girl, Gracie!!

FEEL20BETTER20SOON.jpg

Guest 4baddogs

I bet Gracie will end up surprising all of the doctors! She sure sounds like a fighter!

Lots and lots of prayers for your sweet girl. :)

What a terrific update. We are all praying and cheering your girl on in her recovery. It sounds like her progress is steadily growing every day. Good girl Gracie!

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Yesterday's visit was great. We got to see Gracie at 9 AM and again took her outside for some fresh air and time in the grass. She was able to stand and bear her weight on all 4 paws, but needed steadying from us. There were some times we had to hold her up, but she showed us that she COULD be upright! She still was doing the rolling and flopping from one side to the next, but she was able to hold herself up in a sternal position for a longer amount of time. She tried a couple of times to pull herself up, so we'd help her to a standing position. You can tell she definitely wants to move and stand. At one point, she started getting whiney and then tried to pull herself up to a stand. We helped her up, then while I was steadying her backend, she proceeded to squat down and pee - on me! GOOD GIRL! I was so proud of her. She knew she needed to go, knew she should be standing to go potty, and wanted to make it work. She still is tracking objects as she watched me walk back and forth in front of her. She still is bright-eyed. Her skin looked much better yesterday. When we saw her on Saturday, her belly and legs were all bruises. All four of her legs look like they were beat up. They suspect the bruising on her belly was mainly from being shaved for the ultrasound, and bruising on her legs was from IV starts. Her skin was back to it's normal pink color, with the exception of one leg that has a pretty nasty abraision. They're putting special meds on that location to get the skin to heal. On Saturday, her limbs were looking swollen, but yesterday they looked mostly normal. There was one that looked like it might have a small amount of swelling left, but definitely improved.

Today they are repeating a CBC to make sure her levels are holding. I am able to visit her again this afternoon. However, Matt is back to work tonight, so he will be sleeping this afternoon. I'm going to make some calls to see if I can find a sitter for Travis so I don't need to worry about watching him while visiting with Gracie. He's been a trooper through all of this, but I know it is hard for a toddler.

Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers for my girl. Her race name was Styled Princess. I told her yesterday she didn't need to go to such lengths to be called a princess. Sheesh! I'll give her extra hugs and smooches from all of you when I see her today. :wub:

Lisa, Matt, Travis, and Kathryn

Furkids: Gracie (Styled Princess) and felines Tilly and Nike

SignatureGreytalk.jpg

What a great update! Continued good thoughts coming your way.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow