Cee Bar Lando Needs Your Thoughts & Prayers

Guest LANDOLISA

Guest LANDOLISA

It has been just a little over a month that we lost LISA to Cancer (May 6, 2009). Now today,we just got home from Ohio State University, from Dropping LANDO off, We discovered a tumor on the inside of his right rear leg, down at the ankle area. We called immediately to OSU and we scheduled an appointment.

Long day, long story short... LANDO is Scheduled for Amputation of his right rear leg Thursday Morning. They said that this Osteosarcomas (OSAs), was small and had not done any extensive damage to his leg, but with this cancer they wanted to amputate his leg. They took X-rays of his Lungs and saw no signs of cancer there, however the cancer is probably there and so small that it is not showing at this time. They Stated that he was a strong candidate for Surgery.

I hope we are doing the right thing... LANDO is 11 Years old and that was a big concern of mine... is he to old for this type of surgery? Will he be able to adapted to having only three legs at his age? Other than favoring his leg, his behavior, and actions have been normal. We just want our guy to be pain free and have a good quality of life. I pray we made the right decision... It's in God's hands now... I hope LANDO knows how much we LOVE :wub: him.

Hopefully LISA :angelwings is watching over him also.

Your Prayers and Thoughts would be very much Appreciated.

wheresying-1.jpg

Sorry to hear that you are going through this with Lando :( OSU is the BEST! I am sure you met with Dr. Couto, very nice man. Will Dr. Dyce be doing the amputation surgery? He is the BEST Ortho surgeon at OSU. Our Maggie-Mae had her rear left leg amputated in November of last year at OSU by Dr. Dyce and she gets along very well on 3 legs! She is a lot younger than your Lando, but having a rear leg missing is much easier on a greyhound than a front leg because greyhounds carry most of their weight in the front/chest.

Best of luck to you and Lando!

Suzie Collins

Owner/Artist Skinny Hound Designs

Greyhound decals, magnets and signs.

Fur kids: Isabelle and Petey

Thinking of Lando and you. We've corresponded with Dr. Couto's team and they are Greyt! Our 9.5 year old Jamey is 12 days post- amp and he is doing well, so I'm praying that Lando will do well also!

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Guest Energy11

We are keeping Lando in our thoughts. OSU IS THE BEST, and I WISH I lived closer to them!

I am sure thing will go well, with THAT team doing the surgery.

Keep us informed. Lots of prayers here! D :grouphug:bighug:goodluck:getwell

Very best wishes for you & Lando. :grouphug:goodluck:clover:hope:getwell

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I'm so sorry you are going through this so soon after losing your precious Lisa. It's sad and scary, but he is in the best of hands at OSU. And he will be in the prayers of all of us on GT.

Please keep us updated with how your boy is doing.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I had a foster (return, obviously) who was 11 when she went to her forever home. She was there almost a year when she was diagnosed with osteo. They did a careful evaluation to be sure she'd be OK as a tripod. This girl had a remarkable, quick recovery and went on to have almost another year of great quality life.

:goodluck

Special good wishes from Piper, who is Lando's half sister (same mom).

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Good thoughts and prayers for Lando. He's in the best hands and we look forward to hearing his progress.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Thinking about Lando, and hoping the surgery is going (or has already gone) well.

Be well, sweet boy!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown