Dodge-osteo-post Amputation

Guest VirginiaGreys

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just seeing this. Many prayers headed your way.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest KyGrey

Diane, more prayers are coming to Dodge and you. I can't imagine how you're dealing with everything that's going on. Call me anytime.

:bighug

Thinking of you both and sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending lots of prayers...... :grouphug:hope:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest VirginiaGreys

OSU got back with me...they saw the new x-rays and think that it is probably osteo and recommend FNA (fine needle aspirate)

I'm still a bit numb...waiting for my vet to call...trying to work...trying not to cry...trying to remain calm so I can think straight and what is best for Dodge.

Guest BoogieDown

I was just checking in for my Dodge update... and am so sorry that you didn't receive better news. Hugs to you and Dodge.

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Diane :bighug

I so know where you are right now. :bighug to you. I have walked your nightmare more than one time. If you need to talk, vent, cry, whatever, please know I am here.

Pat

I'm sorry. Still hoping for some better news.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest KyGrey
A fine needle aspiration has not been done yet?

no...it hasn't

That's one reason I changed vets one time. Lee had the place on his leg and a fine needle aspiration had not been done before telling me the place had to come off. I had never heard of having that done but asked Jennifer W. if I should get a second opinion when asked if that had taken place. I took him to another vet and had it done. It came back B9 and I'm glad it was done.

Hopefully you can get it done and the results won't be as bad as you think. I'm not trying to make light of Dodge's condition but am hoping and praying for the best.

Worth doing the FNA. Shouldn't be painful for pupper, probably won't even need a local. FNA's aren't always conclusive, but it's quick and might help clarify things.

Sending lots of hugs and prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Still hoping for the best. Sending lots of prayers for your pup.

Same here!

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest ThunderPaws

Just checked in for an update. Sorry to hear about Dodge Baby. Give him a big hug for me.

Hopefully everything will be ok!

I'm confused. If its in the bone wouldn't Dodge need a bone biopsy? When I went through this with Lexi I was told that the biopsy was painful & therefore opted not to do it.

Forgot to add sorry that this is happening to Dodge. As others have said we've all gone through it & lord knows it is not easy.

Edited by zimsmom

Diane, you know how I feel. My heart is breaking for you. Just thought I'd let you know again that you and Dodge are in my prayers.

Did OSU say anything about the fracture on the left leg? Like if they thought it could bear the stress of a right leg amp?

:grouphug

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown