Something's Wrong With Alan

Guest ss556

I'm so sorry

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LindsaySF

I just read the OP about hemangiosarcoma. I think this is what we lost our Chow Beau to years ago. He was older, had hip problems, and had been losing weight, but one morning his stomach was bloated and he wouldn't get up. We had to carry him into the vet. Our vet said it was probably a tumor that had ruptured because his abdomen was filled with fluid. We had him PTS right then, so I know how sudden it can be. :( I'm so sorry. :(

Oh no! I'm so sorry for you and your whole family!

Alan was a dear, sweet, beautiful boy and you gave him the best life possible. He will be missed by so many people who only met him through your eyes and heart.

greysmom

Chris and the Gang of Four

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest jurishound

I am so sorry to hear this news of Alan. As one who has lost another sweet boy to this insidious disease, I know there is nothing you could have done to prevent this. Godspeed, sweet Alan. :gh_run

Oh, I am so very sorry. :(

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Oh Susan I can't think of any words to say except that we're all going to miss sweet Alan more than you can imagine. I'm so very sorry for your poor broken heart.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I'm so very sorry. :f_yellow

Godspeed Alan :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

What a shock! I am so very sorry.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. :( Godspeed Alan!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest suzye

Oh my goodness, I am sooooo sorry. Hemangiosarcomas are pure evil. My beagle had one when I was in college. I am thinking of you during this difficult time. :(

Guest HoustonGreys

:brokenheart Oh Susan, I am so VERY VERY sorry! I've not been on GT much since last week and I have to confess I don't always read H&M because I feel inadequate to make any sugguestions but this was such a shock! I'm holding you in my thoughts and prayers.

Jackie

I'm SO sorry. :grouphug

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest ss556

It hasn't been 24 hrs. yet without my love, my heart, my soul and it's very painful. My family is grieving tremendously. We want to give you our sincere thanks for all of your wonderful expressions of sympathy, it means so much to us. I will be working on a tribute to my boy, I just can't do it yet. I hope you will all read it when I do. Alan was my special angel, this is going to be difficult, more than I ever imagined.