Presley The African Hedgehog

jenners

Presley was a dear little girl and she almost reached the age of 5, which is a ripe old age for an African hedgehog! Presley came to me as a rescue on February 24, 2005; a college student bought her for her mother as a Mother's Day gift, even though her mother had never expressed any interest in hedgehogs. Once in the house, Mom realized that Presley's little pink feet "creeped her out" and she would not care for her. The college student took good care of her, but realized that her life was too busy to give Presley the attention she deserved. She found my rescue site at www.hedgehogwelfare.org and contacted me. I picked Presley up and arranged for her to go to a new home in Iowa; but the people there wanted "a baby" and Presley was already a year old. So, happily, she stayed with me. Her little pink feet and sweet shy smile were her best features; after she was spayed she became quite zaftig and couldn't completely roll up - thus her cute feet and smile were available for all to see.

Presley developed lymphoma and although she fought bravely, she finally reached a point where life was too much of a struggle and was helped across the Bridge. She leaves behind her best friend and snuggle buddy, Daisy Hedgehog, and takes with her a big piece of my heart. Fun fast and free and catch the rainbow mealworms, sweetie pea; I'll miss you.

PreciousPresley3.jpg

Your Mom,

Jennifer

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jennifer, I am so sorry, I know how much you love your girls.

Please know that you're in our thoughts as is Daisy as I'm sure she will miss her best friend.

God speed little Presley

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

How cute Presley was. I am so sorry for your loss.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I am so sorry for your loss. Though small in size, Presley was a big part of GreyTalk, and she will be missed by many.

Hugs,

Carol Ann

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Jenn, I'm so sorry :sad1:cry1 :cry1

Sending love and hugs to you and little Daisy.

We're here for you. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Rest in peace, Presley, you will be missed.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest SoulsMom

Jenn, I'm so sorry. :weep I know your heart is breaking even though you know she is now at peace and pain free. :grouphug

We'll miss you little one :brokenheart

Oh, Miss Presley! You will be missed. Your beloved Swifty is beside himself. And I have just discovered that my new glasses fog up awfully fast when one BAWLS like a baby.

:(

Hugs from all of us,

Susan, George, Swifty and The Kittehs

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

I'm so sorry your dear little girl had to leave.

Godspeed, sweet pea.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so glad that Presley was rescued and able to live a life filled with everything a hedgemahog could want - the very best food and care, Daisy for compionship and a Momma who loved her with all her heart. Presley, thank you for staying with all of us for so long. Rest forever now sweet girl - you will always be in our hearts.

Hugs to Daisy and you. :grouphug I am so very sorry for your loss.

Deb

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

I'm so sorry for your loss. Presley was absolutely adorable. :wub: Godspeed Presley! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Presley and Daisy were the first real hedgeamahogs we ever met. Through your eyes and stories, they became real and forever. Though we never met, we adored them.

Daisy may you find comfort in your memories of Presley. She is at peace and many have benefitted from her story. Do not be sad for long, as you will see her again in a very special time and place in the future.

Jennifer, may your heart be lifted to know how much, so many, cared for your precious little prickly friend. She will be remembered forever.

Rest in peace little Presley, and enjoy all those rainbow meal worms you want!

Kendra, Melissa, and their mom, Sherrie

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

Guest greyt2love

Jenn, I am so sorry. :weep Miss Presley had the best of lives with you, Dr. Steve and Daisy. She was adorable and I loved hearing your hedgie girl stories. I hope Daisy can get through this with you.

Hugs and love from all of us - :wub::kiss2:grouphug

Deb, Rex, Momma Sophia, Chloe, Marlee, and the rest of the gang.

Guest KyGrey

Oh Jenn, I'm so sorry. I was at my M*G Saturday and what was in the case not too far from us? A hedgehog....and I thought of you and your girls.

Godspeed sweet Presley.