We Had A Really Bad Night

Robin, there is nothing worse than having a dog in discomfort and not knowing the cause. I hope the acupuncture helps her, and that perhaps the vet doing the treatment may be able to provide some insight. Sweet Polli, we are beaming you strong thoughts of comfort and ease. Mom too.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

robin.. again..so sorry you are going through this..hopefully the acupuncture will help her rather than make it worse first..then better. will she get the cortisone tomorrow AM when ML is in? thinking of you.

donna

Yes, she will get "the" shot. Both Friedman and ML were not overly thrilled with the depo the few times they used it. They said it gave some relief and has little side effects so we will see what we opt for. I believe Friedman will be in to see Polli as well tomorrow. Bringing in the big guns.

I just took her out too pee. She definitely needed assistance standing. Not much, but she needed it. then, after standing for a minute or 2, she tentatively takes her steps. She is crossing her legs in the back which is definitely neurological.

My DD just made me feel really good by saying to me, "mom, what are you doing to that poor dog".

I needed that one. She is on her way over with the baby. She said do you still want me to come over to which I replied, not with that attitude, I don't.

She's on her way.

I don't want Polli to suffer.

And I guess because of all the upsetness going on here today, Beau for the 1st time in weeks is very light on the food.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest jettcricket
robin.. again..so sorry you are going through this..hopefully the acupuncture will help her rather than make it worse first..then better. will she get the cortisone tomorrow AM when ML is in? thinking of you.

donna

My DD just made me feel really good by saying to me, "mom, what are you doing to that poor dog".

Oh geez....I know how much that hurts. My MIL, who is not an animal lover, made almost that same comment to me about my Cricket.

Even thou my baby girl walked on 3 legs, she still had quality.

MY heart goes out to you. It is so hard when our babies don't feel well. I also have had similar comments from the non-dog lovers in my life. Just do your best to ignore it.

Perhaps the vet can prescribe a pain patch or some other narcotic pain killer to see her through this? Of course dogs don't understand that they still shouldn't do anything when the pain is relieved so you will need to keep her confined and inactive. I haven't read your previous posts so I don't know what is wrong with her -- but perhaps this will get her through this episode?

Jane

Uh-oh. Sounds like Beau is picking up on everyone's stress. It's just not fair - Polli has been through so much, Beau is finally turning the corner, you and DH have been the archangels of your tribe and now more uncertainty. Sending boat loads of prayers and healing white light to everyone in your house.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Vinnie

I know all the things running through your mind and how heavy your heart must be feeling right now from all the worry. Sending lots of white light and healing prayers and keeping fingers crossed that the accupuncture will help her this afternoon. Hope you are all able to get some sleep tonight. Hugs and scritches.

Guest myjazzy

Robin, I'm so sorry Polli is not feeling well, and your getting no sleep is also not good. I hope the acupuncture helps, I have a friend whose dog seems to really get a lot of relief from it for and old racing injury. I'm not sure if I understood correctly, but have you decided not to do the depo medrol? I've never had experience with it, but if there are not serious side effects, I think maybe if would be worth a try, even if it doesn't help. Hoping Polli finds relief soon, and you and your DH can get some needed rest. :hope:grouphug

Guest BoogieDown

Crap. Crap, crap, crap. I wish I could help, or offer words of encouragement. All I can say is your pups love you very much.

Oh, Robin, I'm so sorry you and Polli are going through this. Adding my prayers to tons of others.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Thinking of you and sending all postive thoughts :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

BAck from Acupuncture. she did greyt. Vet was a little concerned about lump, thought we might want to have it x-rayed aspirated and while at it- chest x-ray.

We will talk to our vet tomorrow morning when we bring her in.

She is moving a bit better so that's a good thing. I just gave her 10mg of valium to bring her some stress relief and we are going to take advantage of resting pups.

DD came and went and was sorry. She wasn't sure how bad it was.

Beau is eating.

We will get throug this. We will get through this. We will get through this.....

Will update after nappy.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greyscot

I don't know you you personally but I cannot believe you can keep going the way you do. Anyone who can go through what you are going through for your greys deserves a medal in my book. Thank you for doing what you are doing and I really hope things get better for you soon.

Edited by greyscot

I'm glad things are looking up a wee bit. I can sympathize (a little bit) on how tiresome and wearying the roller coaster can be!! Good one day, not good the next....

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.