Isis Is Limping And Crying

Guest GreytMuse

Yikes, Beth! I'm just now seeing this! :sad1 How was your night? Did Isis sleep quietly? She's moving okay this morning? Hugs to you both, and please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending good thoughts for todays visit. Hope she is more comfortable. Ask vet for deramaxx and tramdol to have in the house. Always good to have.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending prayers for Isis. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

More good thoughts for Isis. I hope the vet goes well and it's nothing too serious.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Vet checked her over and said there is definately not a break. However, they are getting a new xray today and so couldn't take any pictures. We are scheduled to go in first thing tomorrow. He said that it could just be a muscle strain but to continue the rimadyl if she seemed like she was in pain. She is doing well tho... wagged her tail and let everyone who would come and pet her. I slept with her on the couch last night and she never moved. Thank you everyone. I will let you know as soon as I know something. She is still limping on it, she even tried to do the stairs (I didn't let her). When we got to the car I was about to bend down and pick her up and she jumped in anyway. :)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Hopefully she will feel even better tomorrow!!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Hope the x rays show nothing at all (other than lovely bones and things) :)

Edit for typo.

Edited by Bevd

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

So sorry - poor Isis! Glad the vet didn't find any breaks... hope the x-rays are clear and you can find out conclusively what this is. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Edited by merlinsmum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Good news that there is no break and she's feeling chipper this morning. Still keeping you both in my thoughts until you can get that xray.

Yeah - I've been down that road of bending down to lift one of the dogs into the car only to have them jump right in! Sometimes, there's no keeping these guys down. :lol

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Guest oldNELLIE

We had something similar happen to Nellie as she was getting off the couch. She couldn't move with out a GSOD and it was about 5:10pm...so off to the e-vet. It was a muscle or nerve in her neck, and the next day she was fine. We kept her on the pain meds for a few days, and "restricted movement" for a few days as well. She was feeling much better within 48 hours. The way she was acting when she was hurt, I couldn't believe how quickly she was on the mend.

I hope it is as easy for your girl!

Hey lovely Isis, it sounds like you are feeling better. Hope that trend continues.

Keep us updated.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest jvilches

Oh my, I hope she's feeling better today! I'm just seeing this now - I think it was one of my klutzes that sideswiped her... :unsure

We went through this with Delilah about a month ago - GSOD, limping, crying when we touched her leg. It was a pulled muscle - a couple of days and an anti-inflammatory did wonders. Hugs for you and Isis!

We are headed out the door on the way to the vet. At 4am this morning she was feeling great... she wanted out and so we go to the back door and off she went, she did zoomies and was barking up a storm <_< I think she overdid it tho as now she is holding up her leg. Anyway, I geuss we will be going out on a leash for a few days so that she doesn't keep doing that. I will update when we are done. Thanks everyone!

Well, we are back. Isis walked in like nothing was wrong. Dr. Staph looked her over again and said that he really feels that it is just a soft tissue injury. His new xray was not done being installed so no radiographs today but he went ahead and put her on previcox once a day for 7 days and just wants her to rest (ie... no zoomies at 4am -_- ) She will be leash walked for about a week, then he is going to check her again. At the end of the visit Dr. Staph said "now go get the girl a cheeseburger and call it a day!" :lol: So we are back home and I am getting ready to go to work.

Carmen was so upset about not getting to go with us :( She left nail marks all over my garage door. Poor thing... I brought her back a treat too :)