Monty Has A Weird Lump: Chemo Started Post 384

Guest greytmonty

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Circle of Grey is a greyt resource. So is the LymphomaHeartDogs group.

I already told you about the one book that really helped us, Help You Dog Fight Cancer, by Laurie Kaplan. Another one recommended by GTers is "The Natural Vets Guide to Preventing and Treating Cancer in Dogs" by Shawn Messonnier. It's not an easy read like the other book, but it does have good information. If you want, I could send you my copies by Priority mail and you could borrow them. I ordered both books on Amazon and it seemed to take forever for them to arrive. :rolleyes:

Keep PMing me questions anytime. I'm anxious to hear what Penn has to say about everything. Hugs to you and Monty. :grouphug

Edited by KRKWMU

Guest greytmonty
Circle of Grey is a greyt resource. So is the LymphomaHeartDogs group.

I already told you about the one book that really helped us, Help You Dog Fight Cancer, by Laurie Kaplan. Another one recommended by GTers is "The Natural Vets Guide to Preventing and Treating Cancer in Dogs" by Shawn Messonnier. It's not an easy read like the other book, but it does have good information. If you want, I could send you my copies by Priority mail and you could borrow them. I ordered both books on Amazon and it seemed to take forever for them to arrive. :rolleyes

Keep PMing me questions anytime. I'm anxious to hear what Penn has to say about everything. Hugs to you and Monty. :grouphug

Thanks again. I will contact you after we speak with the Penn folks. For now please hang onto your books, tho' I really appreciate the offer.

Oh Karen, I'm so sorry to hear the diagnosis. I'll be keeping you and your sweet boy in my prayers. :grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest Hollys2hounds

:hope :hope :hope :hope

:airmail : sending hugs your way...

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Edited by Hollys2hounds

Karen, just seeing your update. :(

Sending you and Monty good thoughts. :grouphug

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Karen, I'm sorry the path results weren't better. Enjoy everyday, whether it's one month or years. You and Monty are in my prayers.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Karen, I am really sorry about the diagnosis, please know you will all be in our thoughts and prayers.... :grouphug:grouphug:hope:hope:hope:candle

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest greytmonty
I'm so saddened to see this. When do you go to Penn?

Penn has no appointments for 30 days and Dr. vilar at OSU gives monty 4 to 6 weeks without chemo. Local vet will call Penn to try to get him in, and also call OSU who offered to walk local vet through chemo and mail them the meds.

Oh Karen, I'm only just reading about the diagnosis. I don't know what to say. How utterly devastating. I am so terribly sorry. :cry1

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

:candle

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I'm sorry to hear of the diagnosis :( I hope you can get a suitable appointment very soon :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest GracieGirlGrey

I just found this thread and I'm so so sorry to hear about Monty's illness. I can't believe this happens so fast - it's terrifying - he was just zooming around that field in West Chester a few weeks ago - the life of the party! (much more active than my 2 dudly girls).

Sending prayers your way today for strength and comfort.............. :hope:candle

D*mn, d*mn, d*mn! I am so, so, very sorry! You have all my prayers. How is Sam doing with all this? :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest tammymacb

I've been away a lot and come back and all this saddness.......

I am sooooooooooo sorry. I don't want the day to come when I have to face such a diagnosis.

My thoughts are with you all.