How To Say Goodbye To My Sweet Bell

I know exactly how you feel, even the baby part, and I wish I could tell you that it's easy or that you get over it. I feel so very sorry that you're going through this. Hugs to both of you.

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just hugs. Lots and lots of hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry that you are having to face this. No matter how loving the decision is to let them go it doesn't change the fact that it is an awfully hard one to bear. Many including me share your grief and are with you with thoughts of love and strength.

Letting go is the hardest thing we ever have to do. The love they give us is so much more than our pain of having to say goodbye. It is the last act of love that we can give them. Hold her close with open hands.....

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Letting go is the hardest thing we ever have to do. The love they give us is so much more than our pain of having to say goodbye. It is the last act of love that we can give them. Hold her close with open hands.....

L.

Beautifully said and so true. Prayers and hugs during this difficult time.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest isntitgreyt

Sending prayers and hugs :grouphug

You are not letting her down. It's a very hard decision to have to make. I've been there. My childhood lab moved out of my parent's house with me. He was the best friend I ever had growing up. About a week before me and DH were buying another house and moving to the "country" Bart started to lose control of his bowels and bladder. The vet told me I had to make a decision quickly so Bart didn't suffer. I wanted him to come to the new house so bad, to be able to run free in my yard and have fun. He never made it in his lifetime but he did in a sense. I had him cremated and took him up there with me.

My heart goes out to you. In the end, it's what is best for your beloved pet. Setting her free of her pain is the most precious gift you can give her.

In the end, it's always about them and not about us. So we give that last precious gift knowing how much it will hurt us and that their hurt will be gone. Precious memories of better days will live in your heart forever.

I'm so sorry.

Ann

NewSiggy09b.jpg

The greatest gift may be the hardest one to give

May you draw strength from this poem

Pam

Goodbye

Author unknown

If it should be that I grow ill or weak,

And pain should keep me from my sleep,

Then you must do what must be done,

For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad - I understand,

But then don't grief let stay your hand,

For this day more than all the rest,

Your love and friendship stands the test.

We've had so many happy years,

What is to come holds no fears.

Take me where my needs they'll tend,

Only stay with me until the end

And hold me close and speak to me

Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you too will see

It is a kindness that you do for me

Although my tail it's last has waved,

From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Don't grieve so that it must be you

Who has decided this thing to do

We've been so close we two these years

Don't let your heart hold any tears.

:grouphug I'm sorry. So many of us know exactly what you're feeling right now.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Oh, Melissa, my heart sank when I read this. I'm so sorry. You know how much admiration I have for your sweet old lady. She is complex and quirky, and certainly has a mind of her own. She has also been a fighter, enduring God knows what before she was blessed to find you and start a whole new life. I know how happy and safe she is with you, and if she was able to stay, she would try in every way possible to do that. But I think you know in your heart that she is telling you she is ready to say good-bye. I remember looking into Winnie's eyes last year, and she let me know as clearly as if she'd spoken the words. And Winnie was the very definition of stubbornness, so I had to respect that she wanted to leave on her own terms as much as possible. So, though the timing sucked (2 days before Dewey), I let her go. If Bell is letting you know that it is time, that final gift, though almost unbearable, is given with respect and love.

Please give her a gentle hug for me, and nose kisses from all the girls in the Castle in the Burg.

And hugs to you too. My heart is breaking for you.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am so sorry; she has been such a lucky girl to have a wonderful home with you, and lucky and blessed now to have you there to help her when it's her time.

I am sorry for you having to make this difficult decision. All out thoughts are with you and Bell, you gave her a loving home. Give her some gentle hugs from me.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

In the end, it's always about them and not about us. So we give that last precious gift knowing how much it will hurt us and that their hurt will be gone. Precious memories of better days will live in your heart forever.

I'm so sorry.

Please know that you are in no way betraying Bell. Yes, it will be one of the hardest things you will ever do but you will be doing it with love and from a place of pure love. She knows that. She loves and trusts you.

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.