How To Say Goodbye To My Sweet Bell

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PhillyPups

Melissa :bighug

You have given Bell the best gifts, and now face giving her the ultimate gift of love, the gift of letting go. I know how very difficult this is, am facing the same here. My prayers, thoughts, :candle and tears are with you.

Thank you for all you gave Bell when she was so lost, confused, and in need of your love.

Pat

Thank you all so much for your support. DH and I had "the talk" last night and we decided to keep her as comfy as possible & spoil her with love this week and send her to the bridge on Saturday. Of course as soon as I finally had dried my tears and felt a little better about our decision she decided to eat 1/2 a pound of chicken and about 6 milkbones. So of course DH and I both start crying again and second-guessing our decision about Saturday. This morning however we are back to square one and she won't touch anything. She won't even sniff the food I offer her, is lying on her bed not moving except to get water and pee, and is staring at the wall. She vomited some water this morning as well.

So for now the plan for Saturday still stands. I hope I am doing the right thing.

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

:grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I know it's nearly impossible, but please, try not to second guess yourself. Whatever choices you make are made with her best interests, and to make such an impossible decision, with your heart screaming no, shows how much you love her. Doing something that goes against every grain of your being, because you know it's best for her is the purest love there is. I know the agony, and I know the guilty feelings, I was there this July, and every time I read about someone in that situation I sit and cry for the pup, for them, and for all our angels. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Guest tobinhr
You are not letting her down. Setting her free of her pain is the most precious gift you can give her.

Hold her close and whisper in her ear. Tell her how much she means to you and let her feel the tears on her face.

No dog could ask for more.

Jan

Edited by tobinhr

Sending gentle hugs and prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Ah, Missy, what can I say? You know letting her go is the greatest act of love but at the same time you want to keep her for a few seconds/minutes/hours more. It's the hardest thing I've ever had to do for any of my babies but not doing it is cruel. I tell them it's OK to let go and that I'll see them again....

My heart and thoughts are with you. Please give her a gentle kiss and hug from me and Gidge.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

So sorry to hear this about your sweet Bell. It's never ever ever ever easy (add a thousand more evers please.)

One thing I experienced with a beloved kitty: I set a date a week out to have him put down but had an extremely hard time with it. In the end, I didn't keep to the date and just went day by day.

We are all different. Whatever you do will be the right thing for you and her.

I wish they could make houndies that lived forever. :(

Hugs.

Sula

No matter what the circumstances, it is always the last decision that anyone wants to make. You have done all you can for her and more, I am sure. Hold Bell close to you and tell her that you love her and will tell the baby all about her.

I am so sorry this is happening to you and DH at this special time in your life. Sending prayers and hugs of comfort.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

:cry1 I'm so sorry and you and Bell are in my thoughts and prayers :hope:grouphug

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

We're going to the vet today at 3 to make sure there is nothing else to try (oh, and to have Penny's foot looked at, apparently she has dislocated a toe. Great timing!!)

I've canceled our dinner plans for Saturday and made my excuses for a birthday party on Sunday.

Bell is at least sleeping peacefully today though she hasn't moved since last night. My poor little angel.

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}