Amber Is Rushing Soul To The Vet

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Soul! :candle

FYI: Not sure how similar lupus in canines is to lupus in humans, but I've been hospitalized for severe gastroenteritis — seems that, though rare, the GI system is indeed one of those things that lupus can affect. Is Soul on any immuno-suppressants? Upping those and changing the diet was crucial for me...

Oh, Soul Man! Get better soon baby!

I hope they get it figured out quickly. FWIW my DH has a mild form of lupus, and the doctors said they weren't surprised when he developed ulcerative colitis, as they are both autoimmune diseases - basically the body attacks its own healthy tissue for some unknown reason.

Lots of white light and good thoughts!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Poor Soul, that's exactly the way Emmy was when she had a bout of HGE. She spent 3 days at the vets on fluids and antibiotics and came home just fine. She never had another bout of it again.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

This poor baby and his poor Mommy. I am so sorry you both have to go through this.

Continued prayers for Soul and you too Amber.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh no :ohno More blood? :cry1 :cry1

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug:goodluck :goodluck :candle

Edited by merlinsmum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I am just now seeing this, Ohh No!!! Sending lots of prayers and hugs!!!!!! :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:hope:hope:hope:candle

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Sitting tight here and praying for a good update. Hugs to Soul......

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest SoulsMom

Thank you so much everyone. And I'm sure Soul would love to thank each and every one you personally if he could, he's such a love bug.

He's spending the night at Tufts on fluids. Hopefully when the blood tests come back in the morning we'll know more. All the Lupus thoughts . . . . .that is one of the things my vet is concerned about, that it's has become systemic :(

All I can do is wait and worry. And miss my boy, my snuggle bug. I know he's better there than at home, but I still worry that something can go wrong.

I did get to see Penny's Mom while I was there . . . .

Feel better soon Soul. :grouphug for you Amber.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest SoulsMom

I forgot to add: His heart rate was 100 at my vets, but 110 at Tufts . . . if any of you medical savvy people have any thoughts on that? :unsure May be doing an ultrasound tomorrow, depending on what the blood work shows . . .

Oh, Amber, I know you wish he were at home, but I think he'll be better off being closely monitored tonight until they know what's wrong.

BIG :grouphug sweetie,

Jennifer

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Guest ArtysPeople

I really hope Soul is OK. If you haven't already, you might call your adoption group; if anyone knows Greyhound health, it's probably them. :grouphug

Guest greydogluvr
I don't understand this either, what would make him think Addisons? Misty has Cushings which is just the opposite of Addisons but we may have made her Addisionian because of too much Lysodren. Lora(greydogluvr) is dealing with Addisons with Clemmie.

I believe the reason that the vet was concerned with addison's is that it is often linked with GI bleeding and ulcers. Clementine was diagnosed with Addison's mid October and she was readmitted due to her blood loss. She was severely anemic as a result. She was given a barium treatment with xrays and prescribed 2 GI meds. What were his potassium levels? This is one thing they consider as an indication of Addison's. But Clementine's heartrate was slow not elivated. Big prayers to you. I know how heart wrenching not knowing is.

Edited by greydogluvr