Amber Is Rushing Soul To The Vet

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Redpack

I knew it sounded like when Em had HGE....Should have warned her. It is truly terrifying to see so much blood come from your pup. Sending prayers that Soul recovers as quickly and completely as Em. :candle:hope

Guest EmbersDad
What is HGE?

HGE

Many good thoughts going to out Soul...

wow, it sounds really heavy. luckily amber got him to the vet early. ember is in your corner big guy, i will ask my dad to watch over him too.

Amber just told me that the vet is concerned about Addison's disease. Does anyone have any experience of this?

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Amber we are sending you all the very best thoughts for Soul.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Sending good thoughts for Amber and Soul. I hope he's okay soon! :hope

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I don't understand this either, what would make him think Addisons? Misty has Cushings which is just the opposite of Addisons but we may have made her Addisionian because of too much Lysodren. Lora(greydogluvr) is dealing with Addisons with Clemmie.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm sorry, I had to leave work to take a friend's hound out and I've just got home to let Merlin out. Amber is not sure why they are thinking it might be Addison's... as I understand it, it's something they are considering beyond HGE. I just got a text to let me know that she and Soul are on their way home now, so hopefully she can give us more details.

And yes - her vet is very grey-savvy. Thanks everyone.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.