Can We Get A Eat Polli Eat Chant Going...

RobinM

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eat Polli!

Eat Polli!

Eat Polli!

Eat Polli!

Eat Polli!

Eat Polli!

Eat Polli!

Eat Polli!

Eat Polli!

Eat Polli!

Eat Polli!

Mickey D's cheeseburgers (or maybe that chicken sandwich if she won't do beef) and french fries. Ours like milkshakes better than regular Ensures so maybe you could blend it like a smoothie with some ice. Stouffer's Mac-n-Cheese from the microwave. Good Luck!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I've tried it all. She doesn't like those things normally. Picky pikcy. She is just not going to eat tonight. I agree that once we can get her to eat with SOMETHING, hwatever it is, she will often just start eating. I think that tonight when she is feeling nauseous, the stinkier is the worse. It's all "I think". I have no idea what to think anymore. I've been at this all night.

The one thing she has eaten tonight are the little zuke cookies. They are an inch in diameter. She's had about 8 of them today. On our bed right now she has a large milkbone, peanut butter cookie, burpdog, ensure and she is turned in the opposite direction.

Cerenia (maropitant citrate) is an anti-emetic (anti-vomiting) product indicated for the treatment and prevention of acute emesis (including emesis induced by chemotherapy) and the prevention of vomiting due to motion sickness in dogs.

This is from the Pfizer literature. It works on the emesis center in the brain for vomiting. Hopefully her nausea passes naturally on its own, but you might ask your vet about it.

I will keep my fingers crossed she will like the chicken noodle soup.

She didn't. We bought 2 different progresso and the answer was a flat NO.

We were calling it a night but DH is going to McD for a burger fries and vanilla shake. I haven't had that crap in my house since I was pregnant with mt son who is now 17!!! I had had a craving.

But hey- it's for Polli and I'll give it a shot.

So, we are still trying. She's sleeping and we are trying.

She doesn't eat in the morning so if it's not tonight....

I will call the vet about the meds listed above.

Thanks, i know a lot of you know how scary and frustrating this is.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

no to mcdonalds and cat food.

this is not good.

:(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest Hollys2hounds

common' pretty girlie...

eat for mommy and daddy

eat for mommy and daddy

eat for mommy and daddy

Good and "hungry" thoughts sent your way for eating a good breakfast in the am!

My friend's little 48 pound girlie is in end stage kidney disease. At this point they just want her to eat something/anything. Brandy (the dog) has decided that she adores turkey legs. Not ground turkey meat, but the legs - cooked and then deboned. Just a suggestion.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

come on, Polli!!!!! I know you want to eat! Be a good girl and eat something for your mom and dad!!!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Everytime we cleaned up the mess, she would eat a zuke and I would break out all the food.

At about 11:45PM she ate about 1/2 can total of wet food. Sigh.

I am about to call the vet about the meds listed above.

Thanks. It's very scary.

keep up the pepcid and I'd add carafate (prescription) or reglan. They should have given you something for her stomach.

As someone mentioned, warm up the canned. Try canned only, 95% meat. If you boil hamburger or chicken, add a touch of garlic. You need stinky or sweet. Canned salmon or jack mackeral. Yogurt--vanilla regular.

Do you have frozen BilJac where you are? Solid Gold Barking at the Moon, EVO red meat, CORE -- these kibbles she doesn't have to eat a lot of. I know after chemo, kibble gave Winslow the runs.

Macaroni & cheese, lorna doone cookies. Warm the biscuits a little.

Sending prayers!

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Vet is leaving the Cerenia for us.

Pray that it works.

Vet is leaving the Cerenia for us.

Pray that it works.

That's great Robin, it's really helped with Misty and I remember Kristin saying it really helped Bonnie, so let's hope it does the trick for Polli!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Have you tried eggnog? It's out now.

It's high calorie and high protein.

But if she likes it, go easy. It is rich.

I was just thinking this. I was even going to send you the recipe for "REAL" eggnog. I don't share that recipe with anyone since it is a family one but for a grey, all rules are cast aside. Let me know if you want it. Oh, and do leave out the bourbon/brandy...except in your glass!

Edited by carronstar

Guest AllThingsBiotha

There is a high calorie supplement for dogs (livestock) called Dyne--you can find it online. It is a thick liquid that can be put into the dog's mouth with a syringe. 150 calories an ounce, I think. I have used it with great success to keep dogs going through periods when they should be eating and won't... It smells good, at least to me--like vanilla syrup--and all the dogs in the house that don't need it always want a lick!

Come on, girlie, you need your strength!

Guest IrskasMom

I am keeping all my Fingers and Toes crossed for Polli to eat . C'mon Polli.... your Mama is very worried about you . It's very

hard on your Mama to ...... so please eat . Sending you all the Hugs I can possibly send :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Edited by IrskasMom

Guest GiJenn51

try jack mackerel. I also used a syringe to push a blended mush of water (to thin) baby food, whatever high cal,honey, weight gainer protein powder, and nutritional yeast. I did eight 12 cc syringe full and slowly squirted in his mouth. He's been eating great since!!

One thing I found was that food which can be licked or lapped rather than chewed in any way, was often much more tolerable to Darcy when she was feeling unwell. I've spoken to other people who have said the same thing too.

One random thought regarding mouth ulcers. I don't know if Darcy got actual ulcers (we never saw any) but something certainly happened because prior to amp/chemo, she would eat crunchy foods but during and afterwards, she would not. As an example, she used to love treats made out of dried fish skins (ewww) but they're really hard and crunchy and now she won't eat them at all (unless I bash them into tiny bits).

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

DH picked up the Cerenia and gave it to her. Anyone know how long that takes to kick in?

He picked up a can of mackerel in water. They had no jack. He also picked up a can of sardines in water.

We basically have everything mentioned on the lists except the egg nog (she does not like so many things that I am sure that will be one of them)

I will look into buying the dyne when I get home from work.