Eliza

Burpdog

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diane, my hope for you is that you will forgive yourself. If Eliza was half the dog you describe, there was nothing to forgive as far as she was concerned. You loved her, she loved you, end of story. Hugging you with my heart.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I want to share something that I learned when Slim, my soulmate, tragically crossed over at only 6 yoa. It is one of the things he taught me and has brought me much comfort and I hope it can bring you some comfort too. What he taught me is that we have NO control over when they cross over. We may think we do but we don't. When its their time to cross over there isn't anything that anybody can do about it. If it hadn't have happenned the way you described then it would have another way. I'm sure she would want you to know that you have nothing to be forgiven for-you really had no control over it. Slim had some of the best care available in the whole wide world and they couldn't save him. I've seen other dogs with even more griveous injury quickly recover with poor medical intervention...because it wasn't their time. I'm not trying to be too forward but Slim wants me to share that with you I know. My deepest sympathy. I know it is a very painful and tough set of circumstances to have to endure and my heart is breaking for you. Love that strong never dies. She will be with you always like the above poster has shared.:grouphug

:f_red:f_pink:f_red

Diane, I'm so sorry for your pain. The thing is, you're the best! Everybody on this board knows it, and I'm sure Eliza knows it too. We are just humans, humans are flawed despite their best attempts to the contrary, so we will inevitably do some things that we'll regret. Thank you, hugely, for this very important warning about NSAIDs. But please forgive yourself for being human. (Unfortunately, we can't all be dogs!) :) You are entirely deserving of Eliza's (and our) love anyway.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest Flysmom

Diane,

my heart goes out to you! I understand your feeling of guilt, because I feel the same guilt about my Fly. Those horrible 'What if's' are always in the back of my head and they keep popping up, but we have to learn to forgive ourselves because I am sure we are already forgiven by our Greyhounds! Mistakes were made and millions of mistakes are made everyday but we all learn from our mistakes and that gives me hope.

Sending you tons of hugs!

Guest vahoundlover

Diane, I have learned so much from you! Every year I pray that you will feel the forgiveness in your heart as I know Eliza is looking down on you with love and forgiveness. :grouphug

There's nothing to forgive. You did the best you knew how. You loved Eliza well. Love never dies and you two will be together once day. Gentle hugs.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

sending you many hugs, Diane. :grouphug :grouphug

and I agree, there is nothing to forgive. You did what you thought was right, and you did it with love, and there can NEVER be anything wrong in what you do, if you do it for love. And your Eliza knows that and always has.

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

• 11 months later...

Hugs to your momma, sweet Eliza-girl. Tell all the other bridge kids how much we love them, OK?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Eliza is still teaching - I will never look at a bag of rice quite the same ever again. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug Diane :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest hannahmom

Every year I read this, and while I think of your special girl, I think more about you. I wish you peace and an end to the blame you carry within you. You, who have helped so many, houndies and people, need only know that Eliza never has to forgive you. She never blamed you. That is something only humans do.

Sending you the warmest hugs possible Diane.

• 2 weeks later...

What a tear jerker tribute that was to your beautiful Eliza. So easy to be so hard on ourselves. Remember our pups live in the now so she is saying "whats to forgive mama you was the best mama". Sometimes we just beat ourselves up too much! Like someone said before you did the best you could with what you knew and had. I know for sure when she sees you at the Rainbow Bridge the only thought she will have is knowing how much you loved her.......in the end that is really all that matters.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Another year to realize and take comfort in just what a special angel Eliza is.:angelwings Eliza knows, and wishes you did too, that you did NO wrong EVER to her. All you ever did was love her like she has never been loved before. We have no control over when they cross over. We might think we do but really we don't. Sometimes I think that those of us who love dogs so deeply are occassionally called upon to be unwittingly used to help our loved ones cross over when their time to go comes as such a surprise particularly. But its been my experience that when its their time to cross over absolutely nothing, no amount of bubble wrap, will prevent it. They will cross if not from one thing than another. That song "The Dance" always helps me feel a little better and I thank God that the love is bigger than the pain. Enjoy her precious love and happiness and know she's got one of those big smiles looking at you right now. God bless you and Eliza.:grouphug:f_pink

Guest WarmheartedPups

I too have felt that guilt....but we always did our best. Eliza says...."There is nothing to forgive you for.... you did a great job....from day one....to the last day....She had a wonderful life....and you gave that to her. Bless you

Edited by WarmheartedPups

• 11 months later...

Another year.....I am still sad that I didn't do research, didn't know the side effects, wasn't more observant....didn't find the chiropractor earlier....and on and on. I can't tell you what the experience did to me except I still cry if I think about it, I'm still haunted by the horrible last days.

Please read the side effects of any drugs you are using especially the NSAIDs -- know what to look for. Get the blood work done.

Remember Eliza.....

Eliza-1.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits